Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bandon, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lyon

2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D
Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
Looks like the permit for the Bandon, OR Supercharger has been applied for.

It's at 44 Michigan Ave NE, Bandon OR 97411. Looks like a Rite-Aid. Four stalls

Full Text of the email that just went to the Northwest Tesla Owners Club Google group:

bcd.oregon.gov
Building Application
Commercial Electrical
194-16-001442-ELEC
COOS COUNTY
Oregon Building Codes - Coos Bay
Field Office
500 Central Ave, Suite 135
Coos Bay,OR 97420
541-266-1098
FAX: 541-266-1146
********** PERMIT HAS NOT BEEN ISSUED **********
TYPE OF WORK
Type of Work:
New
Category of Construction:
Commercial
Description of Work: 4 supercharging cabinets, 2 switchgears and 1 CT cabinet on H-Frame
JOB SITE INFORMATION
Parcel:
28S1430AD01900 - Primary
Property Address:
44 Michigan Ave Ne, Bandon, OR 97411
Owner: NORTHGATE ENTERPRISES,
LLC
Address: PO BOX 1583
CORVALLIS OR 97336
LICENSED PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION
Business Name License Address Phone
REQUIRED INSPECTIONS
The list of inspections below represents the inspections required for this project at the time of permit printing. Additional inspections may be
required through the life of the project. You will receive notification of any additional inspection requirements for project completion. All
required inspections must be completed and approved.
4999 Final Electrical
Schedule Inspections online at www.buildingpermits.oregon.gov or by calling: 1-888-299-2821
When calling for an inspection, use IVR Number: 194063775780
PERMIT FEES
Fee Description Quantity Amount
Services over 1,000 amps or volts 1.00 Ea $469.00
Electrical plan review 469.00 Ea $117.25
State of Oregon Surcharge - Elec (12% of applicable fees) 469.00 Ea $56.28
Total Fees: $642.53
This application will expire if application acceptance cannot be achieved within 180 days.
All provisions of laws and ordinances governing this type of work will be complied with
whether specified herein or not. Granting of a permit does not presume to give authority to
violate or cancel the provisions of any other state or local law regulating construction or the
performance of construction.
Printed on: 07/28/2016 1
All persons or entities performing work under this application are required to be licensed
unless exempted by ORS 701.010.

Full Text of the email that just went to the Northwest Tesla Owners Club Google group:

bcd.oregon.gov
Building Application
Commercial Electrical
194-16-001442-ELEC
COOS COUNTY
Field Office
Coos Bay,OR 97420
541-266-1098
TYPE OF WORK
Type of Work:
New
Commercial
Description of Work: 4 supercharging cabinets, 2 switchgears and 1 CT cabinet on H-Frame
JOB SITE INFORMATION
Parcel:
28S1430AD01900 - Primary
Property Address:
LLC
CORVALLIS OR 97336
REQUIRED INSPECTIONS
The list of inspections below represents the inspections required for this project at the time of permit printing. Additional inspections may be
required through the life of the project. You will receive notification of any additional inspection requirements for project completion. All
4999 Final Electrical
Schedule Inspections online at www.buildingpermits.oregon.gov or by calling: 1-888-299-2821
PERMIT FEES
This application will expire if application acceptance cannot be achieved within 180 days.
All provisions of laws and ordinances governing this type of work will be complied with
whether specified herein or not. Granting of a permit does not presume to give authority to
violate or cancel the provisions of any other state or local law regulating construction or the
All persons or entities performing work under this application are required to be licensed

########

Yes, I found the application early last night , notice the application was dated yesterday.

bcd.oregon.gov
Building Application
Commercial Electrical
194-16-001442-ELEC
COOS COUNTY
Field Office
Coos Bay,OR 97420
541-266-1098
TYPE OF WORK
Type of Work:
New
Commercial
JOB SITE INFORMATION
Parcel:
28S1430AD01900 - Primary
Property Address:
LLC
CORVALLIS OR 97336
REQUIRED INSPECTIONS
4999 Final Electrical
PERMIT FEES
&&&&&&&

Yep, was bored and early yesterday found application for permits there is also a application for the structure.

Just a lucky catch on my part...

bcd.oregon.gov
Building Application
Commercial Electrical
194-16-001442-ELEC
COOS COUNTY
Field Office
Coos Bay,OR 97420
541-266-1098
TYPE OF WORK
Type of Work:
New
Commercial
JOB SITE INFORMATION
Parcel:
28S1430AD01900 - Primary
Property Address:
LLC
CORVALLIS OR 97336
REQUIRED INSPECTIONS
4999 Final Electrical
PERMIT FEES
#######

When I found the permit application, I found out a Ray's grocery store, a medium chain of 20,000-30,000 sqft stores with parking lots. They have nice deli and bathrooms.

• Helpful
Reactions: DaveD
Happy that they've filled in the last piece for the Oregon Coast. Bummer it won't be ready this month/tourist season, but the AeroVironment ChaDeMo network there is excellent, so there's that.

I have decided that I need more sour and wild ale from DeGarde in Tillamook, along with stops at 7 Devils in Coos Bay and Deschutes in Bend, so north I shall go. Pretty coast up thataway for sure.

Reactions: ilovemycoffee
Enjoy! Those are all great brews, although I also feel fortunate to live 20 minutes from Rogue in Newport.

Off-topic (sort of) question: I find that the AeroVironment CHAdeMO chargers work the most smoothly for me if I plug my adapter into my MS port first, and then start up the charger and go through the connection process just as I used to with my Leaf. I'm essentially treating my adapter as if it was a pre-existing CHAdeMO port, already connected, on the car. Doing it as advised from some other sources, by attaching the adapter to the CHAdeMO cable before connecting it to the car, often resulted in connection failures for me. (I should also say I have usually gotten prompt and effective help- often from rebooting the charger- by calling the AV phone number on the charger.) Anyone having the same experience?

Enjoy! Those are all great brews, although I also feel fortunate to live 20 minutes from Rogue in Newport.

Off-topic (sort of) question: I find that the AeroVironment CHAdeMO chargers work the most smoothly for me if I plug my adapter into my MS port first, and then start up the charger and go through the connection process just as I used to with my Leaf. I'm essentially treating my adapter as if it was a pre-existing CHAdeMO port, already connected, on the car. Doing it as advised from some other sources, by attaching the adapter to the CHAdeMO cable before connecting it to the car, often resulted in connection failures for me. (I should also say I have usually gotten prompt and effective help- often from rebooting the charger- by calling the AV phone number on the charger.) Anyone having the same experience?

I almost always connect the adapter to the ChaDeMo connector/cable and then plug the adapter into the car, holding down the lever while making sure the whole thing doesn't fall apart.

I've had to call once or twice but most of the time, that works fine. The AV units have been the most trouble-free of all of the ones I've used. But that adapter assembly is not small. Or easy to manage, relatively speaking.

I just had the same experience. I kept getting error messages, but then when I connected the adapter to the tesla first, it worked perfectly. It is cumbersome to juggle that adapter and the hefty chademo cord.

I just had the same experience. I kept getting error messages, but then when I connected the adapter to the tesla first, it worked perfectly. It is cumbersome to juggle that adapter and the hefty chademo cord.
Since I asked that question, I have heard from friends who used my CHAdeMO adapter a few times before theirs arrived. They found that my adapter worked best when connected to their car first. Their adapter works best connected to the CHAdeMO cable first, as TaoJones does, which I think is the standard procedure. That suggests to me that not all adapters behave identically, which seems odd. But all that matters to me is that it does work! I have found it extremely useful when wandering off the supercharger network, although Tesla is about to make it unnecessary on US 101:).