Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bandon, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I asked that question, I have heard from friends who used my CHAdeMO adapter a few times before theirs arrived. They found that my adapter worked best when connected to their car first. Their adapter works best connected to the CHAdeMO cable first, as TaoJones does, which I think is the standard procedure. That suggests to me that not all adapters behave identically, which seems odd. But all that matters to me is that it does work! I have found it extremely useful when wandering off the supercharger network, although Tesla is about to make it unnecessary on US 101:).

I've found that some Chademo stations behave differently than others. Even ones of the same type in the same networked. Basically, chademo is not a particularly well designed connector and can be finicky.

The permitting review for the Bandon supercharger is due tomorrow, so I expect it won't be long before the permit can be issued and it is likely to be operational before December. For comparison, the Lincoln City OR permit was ready to issue on 6/27, construction started on 7/13, and final inspections were completed 8/3. The wait for transformer and hookup is always a wild card, but is usually only days or weeks, not months.

The permitting review for the Bandon supercharger is due tomorrow, so I expect it won't be long before the permit can be issued and it is likely to be operational before December. For comparison, the Lincoln City OR permit was ready to issue on 6/27, construction started on 7/13, and final inspections were completed 8/3. The wait for transformer and hookup is always a wild card, but is usually only days or weeks, not months.

Fingers crossed. :cool:

You are correct. Wrong golf course. My bad. Sorry.
This is from the Bandon Dunes FAQ web site. It doesn't give much information about the type of charger, unfortunately.

Is there a place to charge an electric car on property?

Yes. When arriving at the resort on Randolph Road, turn left at “The Grove” signage, then turn left again when you arrive at the official “Grove Reception” sign. The plug for the electric cars is on the right at the far end of the Grove Reception building.

This is from the Bandon Dunes FAQ web site. It doesn't give much information about the type of charger, unfortunately.

Is there a place to charge an electric car on property?

Yes. When arriving at the resort on Randolph Road, turn left at “The Grove” signage, then turn left again when you arrive at the official “Grove Reception” sign. The plug for the electric cars is on the right at the far end of the Grove Reception building.

When it says "the plug", I'm halfway expecting an orange extension cord. :( Hopefully something more. I'll give them a call before heading up. Thanks!

I assume several of us are watching to see when the Bandon permit is picked up. I did not get the impression from the excellent Lincoln City crew that they were going to be involved. They are from southwestern KY, near Ft. Campbell. and were looking forward to getting out of the "cold" we call summer.

I am pretty sure that I will be heading to Portland to attend the Bundynista trial for a few days in late September. I have been planning to return via US101. While Lincoln City to Crescent City is likely doable with a 90-minute 30A public charge, if Bandon could be up in 35 days, that would be swell.

The completion rate along the Oregon Coast has been superb, so 5 weeks might be long enough. But one can hope.

I am pretty sure that I will be heading to Portland to attend the Bundynista trial for a few days in late September. I have been planning to return via US101. While Lincoln City to Crescent City is likely doable with a 90-minute 30A public charge, if Bandon could be up in 35 days, that would be swell.

The completion rate along the Oregon Coast has been superb, so 5 weeks might be long enough. But one can hope.

Wait, what trial?

Wait, what trial?

I cannot tell if you are serious or yanking my chain! (In the John Day thread, you certainly know about the notorious sheriff of Grant County.)

Remember back in January when a motley crew of thugs led by Ammon Bundy and his brother, Ryan, occupied Malheur? The trial for seven of them, including Ammon and Ryan starts September 7 at the federal district court house in PDX. Voir dire is expected to last 3 days.

Then the fun begins.

Your own Mike Arnold of Eugene was Ammon's initial defense lawyer, but backed out a few months ago.