Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barnegat Township, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
User Jersey on Supercharge.info's forum posted the following (including the picture below): LINK
New Supercharger installation under way off exit 67 NJ GSP.
It is at a WaWa. 8 stalls. Spoke to one of the installers and he claims it
is going to be V3. Will keep you updated as work continues.
Looks like this is the relevant info for this site–

Barnegat Township Supercharger-- 8 stalls of (IMO) unknown type

(Wawa) Address: 945 W Bay Ave.; Barnegat, NJ; 08005

GPS location of stalls: 39.759418, -74.253461

Personally, I doubt it will be V3 and wouldn't normally trust one of the installers to know the difference unless they had installed a bunch of previous other locations and could explain in detail how this site was different. But I wasn't the one to talk to them, so YMMV. But pics of the hardware they'll soon be installing may be enough to tell definitively. Regardless, looks like a good location right off the Garden State Parkway, neatly splitting the distance between the Tinton Falls and Egg Harbor superchargers along the coast. Though, it looks like there's not that much right there besides the Wawa and a CVS.

Supercharger- Barnegat Township, NJ.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and Thinkje
Ahhhhhhh -- a perfect location for me based on where my sister used to live (less than 2 miles away).

She just moved to Florida. Go figure.

Still, a pretty good spot for nearly anyone who's visiting LBI.
It’s ok. It’s not like the Supercharger would actually be working in 8 months, right? :p

• Funny
Reactions: paulkva
5.10.2019 update:
Spoke to the install supervisor this morning. He said it is a V3 supercharger.
They are just completing the landscaping and sprinklers. They are way ahead of schedule he claims.
Next step is to clean up the parking stalls and paint the line markers. He said they will be finished early
next week and on their way to Massachusetts to install at 16 new sites.
All that remains is for the Tesla rep to complete the final phase, which may take a few weeks.
I'll5-10-2019-1.JPG 5-10-2019-2.JPG post again as soon as I see it operational and charge.

5.10.2019 update:
They are just completing the landscaping and sprinklers. They are way ahead of schedule he claims.
Next step is to clean up the parking stalls and paint the line markers. He said they will be finished early
next week and on their way to Massachusetts to install at 16 new sites.
All that remains is for the Tesla rep to complete the final phase, which may take a few weeks.
I'llView attachment 406204 View attachment 406205 post again as soon as I see it operational and charge.

Thanks for the pics. It’s coming along nicely. It looks like the meter is in place. Did you notice if the transformer is also installed (green rectangular looking box)?

That's awesome, wasn't expecting V3 superchargers over here this quick.
He's almost certainly wrong. Like 97% certain. But if anyone local wants to go by and make it totally definitive, go get a picture of the nameplate on the supercharger cabinets. It's on the back of the cabinets, on one of the smaller angled pieces to the side (usually the right), and looks like this:

Supercharger-cabinet-label_600.jpg

The V3 nameplate will be different and have enough to make it identifiably V3, or at least to show that it's not V2. For now, from the already available pictures, we can see that,
  1. The system doesn't look like that described as V3. V3 is supposed to have 1 larger supercharger cabinet serving 4 stalls. Not the same cabinets connected to 2 stalls apiece.
  2. The charging stanchions don't have the thinner, liquid-cooled cables that V3 needs. At least from JerseyShore's pictures, it doesn't look like it to me.
  3. There's no powerpack battery, nor even a pre-formed equpment pad area for it to be installed on in the future, which is also supposed to be part of V3. I rate this sign as a lower value than the discrepancy from V3 description identified in #1 until we start seeing actual V3 installations to be sure that the batteries are actually going to happen consistently. I remember the original supercharger rollout was also supposed to include battery support, which mostly never happened.