Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barrie, ON (2nd site on Bayfield St)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see an ICEing problem at this location with the Kelsey's crowd while the Park Place location's remoteness has no ICEing problem yet.

I was thinking the same thing as I walked around there last night. This takes up a BIG chunk of Kelsey's parking and even at around 9:00 pm, the parking lot (what's left of it) was still about half full. I hope it doesn't end up with those signs that permit "shared" use!

Reactions: mrElbe
Montreal is the current SC capital of Canada. Three locations in the greater Montreal area and two more under construction, for a total of 5.
But how many are technically in "La Ville de Montreal"? I think only Place Vertu. Only that one and the one planned for DDO are even on the island of Montreal and DDO seems to not be part of the city.

Plus Montreal has what 4M people in the metro area. So even if we assume an average of 12 chargers per site that gives 60 for 4M or 1 charger for every 16,667 people. In Barrie it is 28 chargers for 141,000 ( the Barrie metro area is a bit bigger at around 200,000) but that is 1 charger for every 7000 people.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP and mrElbe
No you can add a third thing - the Supercharger capital of Canada with 28 chargers in a city of 141,000 people.
I don’t think that anyone in the near future will complain that there are too many Superchargers in one place once truly under serviced areas finally get theirs. Goodness knows that I have railed about the lack of Superchargers to the Maritimes in the past, but I refuse to look a gift horse in the mouth. I think that the Supercharger buildout is actually happening and I am optimistic finally. To me these new Superchargers convince me that places like Ottawa will be soon be on the map.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
This chat is REALLY making the rounds - someone's already posted it on PlugShare. It's my main source!

Attachments

• IMG_1605.jpg
    IMG_1605.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 55