Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barstow (EXPANDED, 5 stalls added, now 16 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fuse? Perhaps, resetting the circuit breaker...
The tech said it blew a fuse, maybe just needed circuit breaker to be reset.

Hey, Tesla, I noticed your field tech driving a Nissan, probably his own personal car. Why not have hyour service techs drive the unsold 60's or 85's inventory cars? Better advertising and plus kinda defeats the Zero Emissions if the techs are driving around servicing the SCs using ICE.

Hey, I think the covered solar canopy is even better than the trash can!

What really disappointed me was that they put paired stalls under the canopy. For hot-day, fastest-speed charging, Tesla should have paired canopy stalls with those outside the canopy; in other words, Tesla should have done something like 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A under the canopy and 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B in the sun. Oh well, the conduits are cast in concrete, now...

What really disappointed me was that they put paired stalls under the canopy. For hot-day, fastest-speed charging, Tesla should have paired canopy stalls with those outside the canopy; in other words, Tesla should have done something like 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A under the canopy and 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B in the sun. Oh well, the conduits are cast in concrete, now...

It probably had to do with how they had he placed initially built (4 stalls) before they expanded it last year

Doesn't matter what's under the concrete. The lines come out at the cabinet and there they could connect them as they want. I've seen many SC where they put all As next to each other and then then all Bs. I think having A and B next to each other is better because naturally when people pull into the stalls they like keep one space between them and already parked cars. It's kind of a natural behavior when parking anyways.

Doesn't matter what's under the concrete. The lines come out at the cabinet and there they could connect them as they want. I've seen many SC where they put all As next to each other and then then all Bs. I think having A and B next to each other is better because naturally when people pull into the stalls they like keep one space between them and already parked cars. It's kind of a natural behavior when parking anyways.

That's natural behavior except when there's a desert and a canopy situation. :) Last week through Barstow we were the first car to park and when we returned there were three others--each under the canopy while the other four were empty. I even watched two grey ones pull into 1A and 1B within 10 seconds of each other so they obviously didn't understand how the stalls are shared. I'm sure 1B was wondering why he was pulling only 20kW when he first plugged in.

Forgot to post this from a trip stopping in Barstow a few weeks ago. This was on a Friday around 3 pm, and a busy weekend in Vegas.
Moments after I took this photo, someone parked at the charger between my car and this person that clearly doesn't understand how to park at a very busy supercharger. Which led to the supercharger on his right rear side being unusable by anyone. And of course, they were no where in sight.
image.jpeg

Are people really this clueless in life?

What really surprised me is that the canopy shades two sets of paired stalls, served by two Supercharger Cabinets. Given the desire for shade in the summer in Barstow, I would have thought that the pairing should have been one stall from each of the four Supercharger Cabinets in the shade and the other stall from each Supercharger Cabinet in the sun.

I guess this is now an opportunity for savvy Tesla owners who shows up and sees two or three Teslas charging in the shade to charge in the sun for a faster charge... :wink:

Hey guys, a few weeks ago I was passing through Barstow and managed to leave my iPad at the nearby Denny's. Since it is a five hour drive to retrieve it (2.5 hours each way from San Diego), I haven't been in a rush to drive back there to get it (and I have no Barstow trips planned).

Could some kind soul who is driving through Barstow back down to San Diego pick it up for me? Let me know via PM and I can alert the Denny's that someone will pick it up, and then I can just grab it from you anywhere in the San Diego region.