Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barstow (EXPANDED, 5 stalls added, now 16 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to @Bet TSLA for posting the photo of the black Model 3. But please continue the discussion about the car in the appropriate thread at Model 3 RC sightings

This thread is for discussions specific to the Barstow Supercharger. I know, that Model 3 was sighted at Barstow. ;) But the ensuing discussion will be about why the car dash was covered, how great the car looks in black, etc. Good discussion, wrong thread. :rolleyes: Thanks.

Reactions: KJD
So Barstow will over 20 stalls? That's cool. I usually see a lot of Tesla on route 15

Given it is about 1/3-1/2 point to Vegas, it should have plenty as it is a very popular stop point.

Interesting that the outlet didn't volunteer to host them. It'll surely add traffic to that sad outlet

There will be a second Barstow location and then three more between LA and Vegas. I think this route should be good for a while once all this is done.
I know there have been rumors about a second Barstow location, though it was perhaps the expansion that was interpreted as such. With Yermo coming in only 16 miles north, I would not expect Tesla to put in a second Barstow location as this time.

Reactions: IdaX
I know there have been rumors about a second Barstow location, though it was perhaps the expansion that was interpreted as such. With Yermo coming in only 16 miles north, I would not expect Tesla to put in a second Barstow location as this time.

Not just a rumor, it's on Tesla's homepage. There is a second pin in Barstow a good distance away from the current one. Expansions of existing ones have a gray pin at the old location. But I agree, a second Barstow SuC isn't the highest priority when three more and built on that route.

Not just a rumor, it's on Tesla's homepage. There is a second pin in Barstow a good distance away from the current one. Expansions of existing ones have a gray pin at the old location. But I agree, a second Barstow SuC isn't the highest priority when three more and built on that route.
No, that's not what it means. Many cities show a second pin for expansion that is centered on the city rather than on the existing site.

106 in Barstow today. After charging in an exposed stall for 30 minutes the handle was too hot to touch. Needed a t-shirt to be able to unplug. An awning over the exposed spots would be a good idea, even if not covered in panels.

RT

• Informative
Reactions: David99
106 in Barstow today. After charging in an exposed stall for 30 minutes the handle was too hot to touch. Needed a t-shirt to be able to unplug. An awning over the exposed spots would be a good idea, even if not covered in panels.

RT

I'm pretty sure that the door handles are a practical joke from Elon... They're composed of a special alloy from his home planet (not Earth) and have a supernatural ability to absorb heat.... Even in 80F weather they're too hot to touch!