Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barstow (EXPANDED, 5 stalls added, now 16 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of room in that parking lot for both more Superchargers and solar canopies. Lets hope to see some significant construction sooner rather than later.

RT
I'll mention for the third time this thread. Those panels weren't connected the last time I visited (I attached photos). Have they been? Can someone check? To me it seems a bit disconcerting.

+1 to this, although Baker would be preferable as it would allow a 60 to skip Barstow even in the winter, Victorville only allows 75+ to skip Barstow in the winter.

We have made it from Mojave to Primm in the fall (this past weekend before Thanksgiving when Barstow was offline) in our S60. I think we could make it on an average winter day between Victorville and Primm. 10MPH wind and 40 degrees avg temp. It would be close according to EVTripPlanner but not out of the question.

At Barstow now. Was lucky to get a spot without waiting but there were two cars waiting around 15 mins.

Btw they have installed 2 more of the temp superchargers, for a total of 12 now (and they're still full)

Wish they'd just go the whole hog and put another 12 permanent chargers in. With 20 outlets, everyone in S/X/3 will have no problem with long wait times

• Informative
Reactions: Owner and IdaX
At Barstow now. Was lucky to get a spot without waiting but there were two cars waiting around 15 mins.

Btw they have installed 2 more of the temp superchargers, for a total of 12 now (and they're still full)

Wish they'd just go the whole hog and put another 12 permanent chargers in. With 20 outlets, everyone in S/X/3 will have no problem with long wait times

This is pretty concerning when you consider it's a random Thursday, middle of the day on a non-holiday weekend. I'm sure Tesla will get it corrected and add more permanent chargers soon.