Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barstow (EXPANDED, 5 stalls added, now 16 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that, but considering it's a holiday weekend and the relative sparsity of SCs along I-15, I can't say I'm all that surprised....

Right. Cars are out in holiday force here in SoCal. Parking lots are full, stoplights are holding back long lines and airports are jammed. That the SC network anywhere is impacted is of little surprise.

Barstow Supercharger News

I only got 80kw this past weekend as well. I was the only car charging. From what I could tell, all four chargers had 90 kW ratings inscribed on the chargers even the new ones. I would be curious if anyone has gotten better than 90kw.

I was there today, all four are 90 kW.

Barstow was slammed today, 2-3 cars waiting the whole time while we were there, everyones charge was starting around 70 Amps & maxed out around 105 Amps so between waiting & charging it was about 2 hours for most heading to Vegas..

FWIW, there was a traffic advisory today in the afternoon (to along with the above 2 posts) that traffic from Vegas to So.Cal was particularly heavy and slow traffic and delays are to be expected simply "due to the number of vehicles making the drive."

I hope that a future firmware update will include the capability to send alerts to any Model S that is detected within 200 miles AND headed towards an SC that is not fully functional.

I am confident that capability will be available in the not too distant future.

Or at least let you check status. They can add superchargers to the map on the fly, not sure why it wouldn't be possible to see status too ("2/8 stations available" or something).

Or at least let you check status. They can add superchargers to the map on the fly, not sure why it wouldn't be possible to see status too ("2/8 stations available" or something).

The capability is definitely there. In another thread here somewhere, or was it TM themselves, someone mentioned how they are able to monitor the status of each and every SC remotely. It would not be a stretch to click on the SC on our screen and see "6 spots. 2 available" (like blink). I have a feeling such a feature is not too far behind.

When returning from International CES in Las Vegas there was one car in the far left spot (1A). I parked the second spot (2A). Perfect charging speed occurred. (Spots are ordered: 1A, 2A, 1B, 2B.)

Later arrivals got cheated. Here's why: The car in 1A left. The next car pulled into 1A. Not a problem until the next car arrived and pulled into 1B. So when I left from 2A, the remaining cars were sharing one charger at a slower speed.

So how should it be done? Here is the answer: After the first car left, the 1A spot should NOT be used. Continue filling the spots to the right. Car 3 should have pulled into 1B. Car 4 into 2B. Then when I left 2A, both remaining cars would be at full charge power.

I would like Tesla Motors to install red and green lights above the parking spots. All would be red except for the next spot to be used. This would clearly help reduce error and optimize the usage of the SuperChargers. The lights could also indicate if a station was not available for use.

If this is explained on some other thread, please post the link below.

When returning from International CES in Las Vegas there was one car in the far left spot (1A). I parked the second spot (2A). Perfect charging speed occurred. (Spots are ordered: 1A, 2A, 1B, 2B.)

Later arrivals got cheated. Here's why: The car in 1A left. The next car pulled into 1A. Not a problem until the next car arrived and pulled into 1B. So when I left from 2A, the remaining cars were sharing one charger at a slower speed.

So how should it be done? Here is the answer: After the first car left, the 1A spot should NOT be used. Continue filling the spots to the right. Car 3 should have pulled into 1B. Car 4 into 2B. Then when I left 2A, both remaining cars would be at full charge power.

I would like Tesla Motors to install red and green lights above the parking spots. All would be red except for the next spot to be used. This would clearly help reduce error and optimize the usage of the SuperChargers. The lights could also indicate if a station was not available for use.

If this is explained on some other thread, please post the link below.

Mark, that's a GREAT idea. Takes the guesswork out for getting the fastest charge possible.
I've changed stalls on more than one occasion in order to get a faster charge