Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barstow (EXPANDED, 5 stalls added, now 16 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounded to me like the person was describing the temporary Superchargers that are on a pallet.
The person who made that report was @napabill and it is post #138 on this page Multiple CA Supercharger locations down in past 5 months: breakdowns, vandalism, or theft?

It does sound like the temporary Superchargers. Here's a photo of one in Europe
tesla-auxerre_13802.jpg

Reactions: GoTslaGo
Dang, I was just there yesterday but didn't know about this thread. While it's true Barstow has two of these "sleds" they also have four of the fan-cooled units, side-by-side, driving the other four, existing charging pairs. I wish I had taken a picture, but the fan-cooled units look like this:

IMG_0767.JPG

I wonder if 10-12 will be enough.
Don't forget that Tesla is also planning to install Superchargers along I-15 in Hesperia, Yermo, and Baker as well. Taken together, this should be enough for some time. Given our driving patterns, I'm pretty excited about all three of those new locations, and I don't think we'll be using the Superchargers in Barstow except maybe as a backup.

Good point. On the solar, they'll need to connect the existing panels to the grid before justifying another set, perhaps.
I haven't been following this thread much. There not connected? Why the heck not?

Don't forget that Tesla is also planning to install Superchargers along I-15 in Hesperia, Yermo, and Baker as well. Taken together, this should be enough for some time. Given our driving patterns, I'm pretty excited about all three of those new locations, and I don't think we'll be using the Superchargers in Barstow except maybe as a backup.
If all these Superchargers are in place, I would base my stop on where I could arrive with the lowest SOC, yet not have to wait for a stall.