Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barstow (EXPANDED, 5 stalls added, now 16 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they keep the 4 original 90kW stalls hopefully they will add 8 new 135kW's.
Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 11.03.09 AM.jpg

At Gilroy they didn't upgrade the originals & just expanded, Hawthorne they upgraded & expanded so who knows, if I was in charge I would have 12 135kW's

Next summer Model X owners will want to take their toys to Lake Havasu :biggrin:

Whatever happened to the plan to place solar over the charge sites? This site especially would benefit from the shade they provide, and the power for Tesla. It is extreemly hot here during the summer!!

I remember reading somewhere that mgmt decide to expand the SC network first and then later work on solar. Tesla's energy plans including battery storage will be very interesting to watch develop.

Solar canopies increase the likelihood of of ICEing, I have witnessed this at Tejon Ranch, management should be asked about issues like this instead of the silly questions we heard at the shareholder meeting.

Drove up Friday from LA and got to Barstow after lunch and 3 stalls were occupied and i took the last one.

charged around 88kw no issues.

on way back from Vegas got to Barstow at 3pm and 3 stalls were filled and 1A wasn't working. Called Tesla and they said could be the handle was dropped etc...because the stall was getting power. I waited 15 mins for another stall. as i left 2 other T's pulled up and had to deal with waiting.

i saw no evidence of expansion. Although the waitress at Chili's swore that they were going to expand.

I'm sure she has the inside scoop....NOT
Looks like you owe that waitress an apology ;)

Word on Barstow is that the equipment there now are 110 kW temporary chargers, to be installed in the next couple of weeks. Tesla will then build 8 permanent slots at 120 kW with a solar canopy.
They better include some means of making it clear that they are Tesla-only spots. Otherwise with a solar canopy in the Barstow heat, those spots will get ICE'd big time.

They better include some means of making it clear that they are Tesla-only spots. Otherwise with a solar canopy in the Barstow heat, those spots will get ICE'd big time.

Maybe they 'should' build an extra large solar canopy for others(ICE cars) to park under w/ out charge spots. more solar power for 'us' + shade for others. could be an easy sell, costly but maybe worth it?

Thanks for the update Lump, I'll be there this Friday and report anything if I see progress as well. I noticed that blue marking paint about 10 days ago so it seems to have been there for a bit. I really wish they'd get some progress quick in Barstow. Seems to be one of the most traveled supercharger routes. I am happy with the progress they're making in St. George, UT though.