Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Basking Ridge, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed the office who owns/operates this location where they connected me to a Tesla representative a few weeks ago. At that time they indicated that construction will begin as soon as the permit is approved, so I guess this will get underway very soon, I can’t charge at home(apartment) so this will be the best thing that will probably happen to me this year(hopefully)

Reactions: BlueRocket
I emailed the office who owns/operates this location where they connected me to a Tesla representative a few weeks ago. At that time they indicated that construction will begin as soon as the permit is approved, so I guess this will get underway very soon, I can’t charge at home(apartment) so this will be the best thing that will probably happen to me this year(hopefully)
Unfortunately the permit hasn't been picked up yet, so don't get too excited. I suggest you give the construction company a call to see if you can push them.
(603) 421-0470
Where do you normally charge? There are 2 J-1772 chargers at the Old Mill Inn that is always empty, and you can get food at the Grain House while waiting.

Unfortunately the permit hasn't been picked up yet, so don't get too excited. I suggest you give the construction company a call to see if you can push them.
(603) 421-0470
Where do you normally charge? There are 2 J-1772 chargers at the Old Mill Inn that is always empty, and you can get food at the Grain House while waiting.

I don’t think they will come running as soon as it is ready for pickup so I won’t discount it just as yet.
I charge close to NYC where I park and with the Parsippany supercharger going live earlier last week that’s an option too. I usually camp out in Warren at a $1/hr SemaConnect(next to the senior living center off 78) and have a family member pick me up/drop while the car charges, the businesses appear to be closed over the weekend so I don’t think I am pissing anyone off, it’s a 20mi/hr J1772 but something is better than nothing.

I emailed the Tesla north east regional deployment manager for an updated status, if I get a positive response I will post here

Aaaaaand the cones are out!! Same spot as someone originally posted, in the corner where a bank was..

Attachments

• C5125475-EC73-4654-B534-031B774F3777.jpeg
    C5125475-EC73-4654-B534-031B774F3777.jpeg
    571.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 71DCFE3C-AE50-4E3E-8A5D-73586C753CE7.jpeg
    71DCFE3C-AE50-4E3E-8A5D-73586C753CE7.jpeg
    818.4 KB · Views: 160
Basking Ridge, NJ

Interstates: I-78
US Numbered Highways: None

I-78:
To: Jersey City, PA - 30.1 miles
Diversion: 2.4 miles
To: End (Canal St, New York City, NY) - 32.4 miles

Together with Phillipsburg, NJ (Permit), this will hepl make travel along I-78 more flexible.
Tesla is really cutting the gaps on Interstates in the east.