TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Basking Ridge, NJ

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Yinn, Jun 25, 2018.

1. 6 Bits

6 Bits Member

#61 6 Bits, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Verrrry excited about this site! Was soooo looking forward to the Philipsburg NJ site but that hasn't (maybe won't) happen. Phillipsburg would be nice as the WAWA there is 24/7 but this site is just as good for my PA <-> NJ travels.
    ! ! ! Thanks to all of you for the updates ! ! !

2. 6 Bits

6 Bits Member

Anyone thinking about a ribbon cutting ceremony?
    What Restaurants are in the area?
    I see Figaro's is right in the parking lot there. I gave them a call. They seat 30 in the catering area and 70 in the pizzeria/restaurant area. Unfortunately they are not open on Sundays.

• Like x 1
  3. neptunesfinest

Stopped by yesterday and there was a lot of activity. Contractor trucks all over. Seems like they're really moving along!

• Like x 1
  4. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

Well if they’re closed, we can grab some coffee from Dunkin’, Have a How much FroYo can you eat contest, and then work it all off at the gym...

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  5. EdisonFire

EdisonFire Member

Dunkin closes at 10PM. This location provides convenience to I-78 but limited amenities

6. HunterStew

HunterStew Member

4/9/2019

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. thiyag

thiyag Member

I usually see a white model 3 parked nearby, I hope they know it’s coming!

8. 6 Bits

6 Bits Member

#68 6 Bits, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Stopped by yesterday. Looks like progress is being made. (Hard to take shots do to the fencing and screening)

Attached Files:

• Like x 3
  9. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

That's a first for me, they painted the cabinets green. I've only seen them in white enclosures before. Maybe a local zoning request to make the hardware less obtrusive?

Thanks for the update.

• Like x 1
  10. 6 Bits

6 Bits Member

I noticed the green also. I’ve also only seen white.

11. thiyag

thiyag Member

@mociaf9 @6 Bits You guys are right, its probably zoning, all the "boxes" around town (such as next to traffic lights) etc are green and they usually have a "nature" sticker on them(say flowers or horses running) lol, You can also spot one at the entrance to this lot closest to the chargers

• Informative x 1
  12. DeepBlue3

DeepBlue3 Member

The green is likely a zoning thing in an attempt to keep the town nice. Disney started it or coined the term "Go away green.". That's why transformers, garbage cans, cell towers etc are green. It blends in and your eyes forget its there.

13. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

Is that why there’s a fake Christmas tree looking cell tower on 287?? I mean, who are we kidding here?

• Like x 1
  14. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare Mr. PlugShare

Oh! So that why everyone litters. Cause no one can find the garbage cans, it finally makes sense.

15. navinsiri

navinsiri Member

Never noticed it before, so I guess it’s doing it’s job, but all the equipment at the North Brunswick supercharger is also green and hidden behind a wall of small trees. Much nicer than a wooden/concrete fence imo

16. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Stopped by today. Doesn’t look like any progress since the last pics.

17. thiyag

thiyag Member

Update: The parking signs(red ones) are up and it appears like the wiring is complete, the final charging “stations” are not up yet, it is possible there is more work left especially by the power company

Sorry no pics, heavy rain

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  18. 6 Bits

6 Bits Member

Really good to hear progress has been made! Thanx!

19. thiyag

thiyag Member

Update:
    Someone I know who was in the area told me that the fence is gone and that the charging stations are up, they saw it from the adjacent road so weren't sure if there were cones or if it had covers on (the "coming soon" covers). I'll be in the area in the evening and I'll check it out and let you guys know (unless someone else checks it out before me)

• Helpful x 2
  20. neptunesfinest

I was there yesterday and the charging stations were presumably being installed. I saw a couple laying on the ground.