Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Basking Ridge, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
My wife saw a few JCPL folks working this morning and spoke to one of them who appeared to be a supervisor or manager. He indicated that the wiring is mostly complete (or will be completed today) and they would be having an outage test later tonight, he expects the location to go online tomorrow! :D

We'll see! I'll check if the meter is installed later this evening o_O

Reactions: HunterStew
20190702_164813.jpg
20190702_164820.jpg
Waiting for inspection?

Reactions: HunterStew
View attachment 426146 Today cones are gone and all cabinets closed and locked. However, yellow bucket still there covering something. Tried to hook up and not surprisingly it didn’t work. Shouldn’t be long now. I’ll be going there tomorrow morning around 9:30 if anyone is around.

Still no power as @Wick indicated (and missed you by a mere 80 minutes). This location was already on my route plan for today so I stopped by to get familiar with how to get here.

IMG_20190704_105206-691x518.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Thinkje
Just went back and looked at the first couple of posts in this thread. It was more than a year ago. Apparently these things take time.
Every location is different. There is a huge variation in timing. This visualization shows the time while the construction phase. The default view shows all supercharger states (open, closed, construction). You can toggle off "open" and "closed" and see just those that are stuck in construction (there are two locations at more than 800 days). Basking Ridge is currently 13th longest of locations stuck in construction so it is quickly becoming an outlier. Note: data is crowdsourced as documented on supercharge.info.

I was playing around on that site yesterday, but did not find a way to search by location. Am I missing something? I could filter by country, but I couldn’t find any way to narrow the search parameters any more than that.

I was playing around on that site yesterday, but did not find a way to search by location. Am I missing something? I could filter by country, but I couldn’t find any way to narrow the search parameters any more than that.
Mobile or desktop?

Each tab has a different set of filters. The link I provided above is to the time-in-construction view. That view allows you to toggle on/off different supercharger states (open, closed, construction), year the supercharger opened (defaults to all, including "null"), and country (defaults to all). The site is primarly built to support those of us competing in the "Most superchargers visited" competition but I've added some additional tabs to visualize some things that particularly interest me.

On a desktop, these filters are on the right. In a mobile view, they are also on the right but in those smaller browsers, you have to touch outside the map (between the map and the tabs is a good place) and slide all the way to the right.

In terms of searching by location, the "Current Supercharger Landscape" tab is the best within the visualization. To see the actual data itself, see the "Superchargers" tab in the Superchargers visited spreadsheet.

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
I just added the ability to filter by state and I color-coded the columns by their state (red=open, orange=construction, black=closed),

Here is how long it has taken for every NJ supercharger.

NJ supercharger construction.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: madodel