Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Basking Ridge, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These charts are really impressive. Looks like Basking a Ridge is starting close in on the Brunswicks.

My search-by name problem was with supercharge.info. I couldn't get the order of listings to make any sense. The sort seemed to be by last update. Is there a way to search by state or town? I'm planning a trip to Charlotte along I81. I'd like to know if there are any new SC coming on line soon.

These charts are really impressive. Looks like Basking a Ridge is starting close in on the Brunswicks.

My search-by name problem was with supercharge.info. I couldn't get the order of listings to make any sense. The sort seemed to be by last update. Is there a way to search by state or town? I'm planning a trip to Charlotte along I81. I'd like to know if there are any new SC coming on line soon.
Are you maybe only looking at the "Changes" tab/page which the site opens on? You should instead use either the "Map" or "Data". (On desktop, the links for them are unobtrusively hanging out at the very top of the page, in the grey header and to the right)

SCinfo_tabs.JPG

I still don't fully understand what you are after, You can make a copy of the Google Sheet I linked to above and rehash it any way you want. Even without making a copy, you can create temporary filters and narrow to just want you want to see in the spreadsheet. You'd do that from the Data menu. For instance, you could filter down to just a few states, or filter only on sites in the permit stage.

However, it seems like you are asking to see through a crystal ball that doesn't exist. Tesla's map of "coming soon" pins is worthless. Those pins only give a notional idea of where superchargers might be installed at some undefined future time. The location is notional at best and cannot be taken to reflect the actual future location. Supercharge.info is crowdsourced and only shows what superchargers hunters can find in permit records and on-the-ground observations. There are a surprising number of cases where superchargers complete constructed and open before anyone sees them. This happened at least once in the last week.

For future trips, the best you can do is look at the map I linked above "Supercharger landscape" and get a feel for what is in permit or construction stage along your proposed route and then click through to the various threads like this one.

temp filter.jpg

temp filter2.jpg

Reactions: Big Earl
Thanks. You've answered my question. My needs are simpler than you may have concluded. I was looking for a simple search function in supercharge.info because I wanted to see how the progress of the Basking Ridge SC compared to other sites in NJ. Of course the map does the trick.

For my trip I'll most likely consult your landscape map (thanks for that) along with abetterrouteplanner.com to help me navigate the SC landscape.

Reactions: theflyer
Last edited:
He said that a tech from Tesla was due at 8 o’clock that morning to go through each stall and test. That’s why he pulled the backs off of all the stalls and waited there until, I would guess maybe noon or so. I sat with him from about 930 until 10 and then I went back at 1:30 and waited for a few minutes but by that time nobody was there.

:( 4:24 No one in sight. No power to the station I tried. I noticed the stations are not numbered yet (1A, 1B, etc). Maybe that will be the indication they are complete.

Attachments

• 1278958E-D8F3-46C3-A499-A9BEB4D8EF6A.jpeg
    1278958E-D8F3-46C3-A499-A9BEB4D8EF6A.jpeg
    617.7 KB · Views: 33
Fred showed me two small holes near the bottom of the front panel where he assumes the stall number plates will be attached.

@Wick, that would be a new setup as I thought they were just stickers on the bottom of the stall and not actual plates that were attached.

upload_2019-7-9_17-17-54.png

(Photo of Oakdale, MN charger from www_dot_twincities.com/2016/09/12/tesla-debuts-its-first-twin-cities-supercharger-in-oakdale)​