Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bassano, AB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This looks exactly like the one in Medicine Hat a few days ago. I just posted a few pics of the MH one over on that forum (don't wanna post it here in case it confuses people), but they finished removing the covers from the cabinets. Still no Tesla branded stuff yet, though. If the rumours are true, it means both the Bassano and MH ones will be V3 which is pretty interesting. This will definitely be awesome for road trips!
Actually, the electrical cabinets which you posted photos of in the Med Hat thread were V3 cabinets. There are 3 large white boxes in all 3 photos. The two with “vents” at the top are V3 cabinets!

I thought someone had posted that Plugshare is for (all) active charging, and they get supercharger information from Tesla directly to avoid confusion. After all they are more for trip planning and details about active plugs, unlike Supercharge.info which seems to also be a tool for following the development progress of the Supercharger network.

(Not sure why Plugshare shows planned Chademo/CCS plugs, as a lot of those also are slow in coming.)

I thought someone had posted that Plugshare is for (all) active charging, and they get supercharger information from Tesla directly to avoid confusion. After all they are more for trip planning and details about active plugs, unlike Supercharge.info which seems to also be a tool for following the development progress of the Supercharger network.

(Not sure why Plugshare shows planned Chademo/CCS plugs, as a lot of those also are slow in coming.)

This is the first I've heard of this (as a PlugShare user of over a year now), but it makes sense. If such a restriction exists on users adding this information, there should be a note on the "add charger" page requesting users avoid adding Tesla Superchargers.

No. Please don't. It is not yet a functional charger of any type, and Supercharger information is provided by Tesla to PlugShare. Adding incorrect and premature info is not helpful.

While it may be true that Supercharger information is provided by Tesla directly, this is not made immediately clear to people who may be adding chargers. In addition, the Add Charger function includes an "Under Construction" checkbox. These chargers do not show up in the Route Planner, and the icon is clearly identified as Under Construction for the casual viewer. This also gives users the option to bookmark a charger and get notifications about its status.

Reactions: Manitoba Keith
This is the first I've heard of this (as a PlugShare user of over a year now), but it makes sense. If such a restriction exists on users adding this information, there should be a note on the "add charger" page requesting users avoid adding Tesla Superchargers.

While it may be true that Supercharger information is provided by Tesla directly, this is not made immediately clear to people who may be adding chargers. In addition, the Add Charger function includes an "Under Construction" checkbox. These chargers do not show up in the Route Planner, and the icon is clearly identified as Under Construction for the casual viewer. This also gives users the option to bookmark a charger and get notifications about its status.
Plugshare literally pops up an error saying not to add superchargers as soon as you choose plug type 'supercharger'.

Reactions: Big Earl
The cabinets are going in today! IMG_20191010_102425.jpg IMG_20191010_102338.jpg

This is the last piece from Whitewood to Calgary. Just need Brandon and/or Portage and the transCanada across the prairies is ready to go! When's the big "flip the switch" moment? If they have Prawda and Portage they don't need to wait for Winnipeg.