Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bastrop, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's supercharger voting site is up and Bastrop is the #1 vote getter in Texas. WHY??? I'm pretty sure Bastrop was already in construction (or even open) before the voting began. Stop wasting our Texas votes, people!! Vote for something that Tesla hasn't already committed to!

I voted for Marathon (Big Bend) and Brownwood.

Reactions: brkaus
Tesla voting site shows the requested location different than where the current chargers are located. Granted it's across the street,

1666376872298.png

but they're doing the same here in Katy.

1666376741178.png

I can't get over the fact of how many votes they already have.

Galveston needs to get some love.

This is listed as down/reduced. Any news?
Not sure what's happening but it's gotten... a little better? A week ago the Bastrop superchrager showed as "temporarily unavailable" and today it showed as a cellular network symbol with a line through it. I stopped by anyway today and there was a bank of at least 5 chargers that just weren't resopnding. Clicking the button on the handle didn't open the charge port door and plugging it in didn't register anything on the car -- it just showed as "Ready to Charge". But the 3-block (3-A, 3-B, ...) was working fine to charge on so all the Teslas were crowded around there.

So what's up with the two Teslas with manufacturers plates in the marked section (Tesla flags) next to the chargers? Looked like they had QR codes in the windshield. I was getting a ride from the airport and noticed this last Sunday. Maybe a way for owners to check out the newest model?

So what's up with the two Teslas with manufacturers plates in the marked section (Tesla flags) next to the chargers? Looked like they had QR codes in the windshield. I was getting a ride from the airport and noticed this last Sunday. Maybe a way for owners to check out the newest model?
They're providing test rides for potential new owners.
They're out there all the time. :)

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Possible expansion working coming to this site? A new TDLR filing has been made for it.

Interesting...expansion, magic docks? Bastrop and NB both have had 'coming soon' CCS installs on plugshare near or at Buccees on the map forever. Wonder if Tesla is going to use some of their fed money to try and beat EA or whoever to the punch at some of these locations currently without CCS.