Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Batchawana Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called Batchawana Bay, and the lady I spoke with said that they didn't have availability over the summer to get their Tesla charging station installed but they are thinking next spring or possibly this fall. This tells me that they will be the site for the supercharger, and that it is in Permitted state at best - I called Voyageur Pump, address 11028 Hwy 17 N, Batchawana Bay, ON P0S 0A4.

This seems like the logical spot for charging posts.

6115FEE7-0241-4F74-A010-104A8796B252.jpeg

8C7C189F-9959-43D1-87DF-CB5BC3EC3A5E.jpeg

Batchawana Bay, ON

Along National Highways: TCH/ON-17
Along Provincial Highways (<=5mi): None

TCH/ON-17:

To: Sault Ste Marie, ON Construction) - 64.1 km
Diversion: 1.3 km
To: Blind River, ON Construction) - 209.8 km

Will split the gap between Wawa, ON and Sault Ste Marie, ON.

Reactions: outdoors
I really don't understand the point of this location with the Sue only being 64.1km away and it is any easy shot from the Sue to Wawa(227km),even in the winter. So many more in need locations before adding this one.

I really don't understand the point of this location with the Sue only being 64.1km away and it is any easy shot from the Sue to Wawa(227km),even in the winter. So many more in need locations before adding this one.
This area is a very vertical area - there are all sorts of curves and elevation changes in the road which means it will take a lot more power than a flat drive of an equivalent distance would take, particularly in winter where it gets down to -40 C with resultant bad effects on battery life of an electric vehicle.

This area is a very vertical area - there are all sorts of curves and elevation changes in the road which means it will take a lot more power than a flat drive of an equivalent distance would take, particularly in winter where it gets down to -40 C with resultant bad effects on battery life of an electric vehicle.

That stretch includes the infamous "Mile Hill" where even on my gas car I swear I can see the fuel gauge moving as I go up the hill.

They are closing the Voyageur restaurant October 20. They wanted to delay Charger construction until after the summer season. Anyway it’s supposed to start soon.

they also said it was only going to take 2 or 3 weeks once construction started. I suspect it’ll get built pretty fast but will wait for the pedestal hardware like the other stations.

1AB6B1A3-2FB3-4B08-B857-3E9F70FAD5D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Just called Batchawana Bay, and the lady I spoke with said that they didn't have availability over the summer to get their Tesla charging station installed but they are thinking next spring or possibly this fall. This tells me that they will be the site for the supercharger, and that it is in Permitted state at best - I called Voyageur Pump, address 11028 Hwy 17 N, Batchawana Bay, ON P0S 0A4.

Might be worth another call now. Its after the 20th and most of the other sites now have pedestals installed.

I’m thinking this site will use the precast bases to avoid the need for a concrete pour in these temps.

C98DDA2A-9F59-49BD-A463-BB42CD68260C.jpeg
56CC258A-B867-41E5-905C-57692512CD09.jpeg
I was out there mid October the week they were closing Voyageur for season and spoke to a lady who thought they were going to begin construction right afterwards. Further she said that the construction would only take a couple weeks and would be placed at the left side of hotel as you face the property from highway. Was out there today but didn’t see any signs of activity

I was out there mid October the week they were closing Voyageur for season and spoke to a lady who thought they were going to begin construction right afterwards. Further she said that the construction would only take a couple weeks and would be placed at the left side of hotel as you face the property from highway. Was out there today but didn’t see any signs of activity

So just about here on Google Maps:

Google Maps

They probably just removed all the Coming Soon(!) pins for the TCH and then added in the new supercharger sites. I wouldn't read too much into it. I highly doubt they plan on leaving a ~140 mile distance between superchargers in that neck of the woods.

Reactions: MarcoRP