Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bathurst NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So something is happening in Bathurst....

This article refers to a recent council agreement for the GM of the council to sign an agreement for a charging station for 4-6 chargers on council property and asks people to guess where it is: Council in negotiations to install electric charging station in Bathurst | Poll

The council minutes for a meeting held on 15/11/17 refer to a confidential closed section of the meeting to discuss an Electric Vehicle Charging Station and reason for confidentiality was commercial nature of discussion (which is similar to what has happened for some other superchargers). The later section notes "This report relates to the commercial information pertaining to the installation of a supercharging station in Bathurst." (emphasis added).

If it is on council property, then I am not sure whether it would necessarily need a public DA process so could move fairly quickly?

The visitor information centre might make sense (as per Goulburn)?

I've been occasionally monitoring Bathurst's DA listing page and haven't seen anything come up. Didn't occur to me that on council land they could just decide in session and that was that.
Either way, I can't wait for this SC to be up and running, I head out past Bathurst a lot, and have to rely on slow charging at Hydro at the moment.

I've been occasionally monitoring Bathurst's DA listing page and haven't seen anything come up. Didn't occur to me that on council land they could just decide in session and that was that.
Either way, I can't wait for this SC to be up and running, I head out past Bathurst a lot, and have to rely on slow charging at Hydro at the moment.
If you have a 3ø portable charger you can charge at the Bathurst Showgrounds - still only 32A 3ø, so max 70 km/h in a facelift car with upgraded chargers or 100km/h in a dual charger classic - but maybe more convenient than the Hydro. There is also a destination charger a little out of town at Abercrombie house.

If you have a 3ø portable charger you can charge at the Bathurst Showgrounds - still only 32A 3ø, so max 70 km/h in a facelift car with upgraded chargers or 100km/h in a dual charger classic - but maybe more convenient than the Hydro. There is also a destination charger a little out of town at Abercrombie house.
Thanks I'll give them a try next time. I have previously charged at Dubbo showgrounds, and have added it to PlugShare.
Also, Orange now has a destination charger at a cafe. It's getting easier, that's for sure.

Looking through the Bathurst council minutes of 15th November... in the main minutes, there is a reference to an "electric vehicle charging station" which was discussed in closed session for commercial reasons - this is what the article above is based on.

But in the attachments - two references:

The first is an old one which most likely refers to the Abercrombie destination charger:
Vrd9k6s.png

The second...
vGtsL43.png

It's just "ongoing negotiations" but it seems BVIC is the preferred location...