Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bathurst NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Whitestar, not not stuck .. yet. En route to Sofala 30min away so will just use 10A when I get there and charge for 48 hours but not ideal. What was more annoying was that I found out the supercharger had been down for a week when I got there. Even the Tesla tech was stranded and heading off to Abercrombie house. This system works well in the US where there are so many superchargers and a great support network, but needs some work here. I’m still a fan but my family is less impressed.

Reactions: ARMARM
You are welcome. :)
If you select the charging icon on the bottom right of the nav screen it brings up a list of chargers. If you press the pin for the Bathurst location you will see now that it does not have any indication of how many stalls are available. According to the US support line this will change to show availability as soon as the supercharger returns to service. So you could keep monitoring on your trip and deviate to Abercrombie house if necessary, but that is still only 22kW max.

Nice that you spent some money there. When I was there last, the manager (Ralf Bruegger, a very nice chap) was lamenting the type of Tesla owner that calls in to charge, sets up a picnic on the steps of his cafe with their own food then leaves with a charged car having not spent a cent at his establishment.
I'm not that organised :)
I've probably spent $200 or so and charged there 4 or 5 times.
I always feel like I would have spent $80 at the lousy service station in my pre-EV days, so it doesn't hurt to splash it about a bit when charging.

Personally I think it's extremely rude to not in some way patronise the establishment that is providing the charging option for you. Even if it's only a coffee or something. It's ok if they're advertised as available to the public rather than patrons, but if they're supposed to be for the use of patrons then you should be one, or offer to pay for the power.

What if these business's with enough forethought to install tesla destination chargers would fit a 'money box' at the chargers
for people to drop a few dollars into, it would save the Tesla owners the need to go into the business if they didn't need to
and the money box would be a prompt for them to pay their way.

You are welcome. :)
If you select the charging icon on the bottom right of the nav screen it brings up a list of chargers. If you press the pin for the Bathurst location you will see now that it does not have any indication of how many stalls are available. According to the US support line this will change to show availability as soon as the supercharger returns to service. So you could keep monitoring on your trip and deviate to Abercrombie house if necessary, but that is still only 22kW max.

Just FYI, the Bathurst SC has never shown stalls available. Even when it was on line and functioning normally. Same with Broadway (at least the last time I checked).

Would like to tell you that one of your Superchargers ain’t doing well...
6828AEB4-C587-4BC9-AF7E-BF993958FA02.jpeg

Attachments

• C48A933E-2D26-4C61-9F4D-994F5F583E98.jpeg
    C48A933E-2D26-4C61-9F4D-994F5F583E98.jpeg
    358.6 KB · Views: 56
Just FYI, the Bathurst SC has never shown stalls available. Even when it was on line and functioning normally. Same with Broadway (at least the last time I checked).
Interesting, I wonder why that is. The message “temporarily unavailable” has disappeared from the Bathurst supercharger now, but PlugShare has not recorded anyone charging. Does anyone know a way of checking if a supercharger location is open and available if it does not show available stalls? (If anyone suggests calling the Tesla helpline they clearly haven’t done that themselves.. )

I always appreciate the supercharger network! When I first took delivery of my car there were NO superchargers, about 2 destination chargers and the car didn’t have a portable charger because they weren’t shipping them yet! The only place that I could charge was in my garage.

Travelling any kind of distance meant having a portable EVSE with a 32A plug, and my first trip to Orange meant a stop at Bathurst show grounds for an hour to put in another 100km for the return trip.

How much things have changed in just under 4 years.