Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baton Rouge, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Work on the Baton Rouge supercharger has begun! I stopped by this morning and a truck from an electrical engineering firm was there along with a storage pod. I introduced myself and they were indeed there to begin work on the supercharger! He said they plan to have it operational by the end of the year -- seems like a long shot since today is 12/15 but I'll keep you posted on progress and post photos when I have a chance.

Last edited:
Work on the Baton Rouge supercharger has begun! I stopped by this morning and a truck from an electrical engineering firm was there along with a storage pod. I introduced myself and they were indeed there to begin work on the supercharger! He said they plan to have it operational by the end of the year -- seems like a long shot since today is 12/15 but I'll keep you posted on progress and post photos when I have a chance. The electrician said he would send me his photo updates, too, and if he does I will certainly post those as well.

Thanks for the update! Any sign of that corvair? :tongue:

Great progress was made today! Last night there was just the pod sitting there; today work started in earnest. I stopped by at about 7:30pm and they were still there, working til about 8:00 tonight. I'll post photos tomorrow. From what I saw tonight I think they might actually make the end-of-year deadline.

Great progress was made today! Last night there was just the pod sitting there; today work started in earnest. I stopped by at about 7:30pm and they were still there, working til about 8:00 tonight. I'll post photos tomorrow. From what I saw tonight I think they might actually make the end-of-year deadline.

I went by on I-10 today around noon and there looked to be a lot of activity there. Did not have time to stop so thanks for the update.

Mike

Crates.JPG
BR site.JPG
Trenching.JPG
Transformer.JPG
Here are a few pictures taken Wednesday evening, December 17. Please excuse the poor photo quality but hopefully they're better than nothing and will give you an idea of how it's starting to shape up.

Pics include an overview of the area roped off for construction; crates with the superchargers (note Tesla logo :smile: ); trenching/conduit for power; area where transformer will be.