Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baton Rouge, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I-10 is still closed between Lake Charles and Lafayette due to flooding. I haven't heard any estimates on when it will reopen (it may reopen today, I just haven't heard).

I have no personal experience with whether the Baton Rouge SC is operational. As of yesterday, it was still showing as operational on the NAV system of the car (or, rather, it wasn't shown as being down).

We charged at Slidell on Sat 13th, and called Tesla to verify status of Baton Rouge. They said that it was experiencing significantly reduced power, but they didn't share details.

As it turned out, I-12 was then closed, and we stopped for the day. On Sunday morning we headed the I-10 route to Baton Rouge, although when calling Tesla they said they had no data from the supercharger at all. Google maps had the roads surrounding the charger flooded.

We stopped for Brunch and 80 amps at the Best Western instead, and carried on to Lake Charles with no further incident.

I didn't check out the supercharger in BR, so don't have a real status other then what tesla told us - 3 little kids on a road trip limits unnecessary sightseeing! I think the no data issue might have been due to local cell tower disruption, the Model S had no service until west of the Mississippi.

Anyone else check it out in the last week? Thinking of all those impacted by this massive flooding event...

This is now quite the happening SC. Went through twice in June and twice this weekend. Always at least 2 or 3 cars there, even was restricted to 80% on Saturday afternoon.
No local Teslas, all just passing through. Get there early enough to eat at the Acme Oyster House.

This is now quite the happening SC. Went through twice in June and twice this weekend. Always at least 2 or 3 cars there, even was restricted to 80% on Saturday afternoon.
No local Teslas, all just passing through. Get there early enough to eat at the Acme Oyster House.
It's one of the nicer superchargers; my favorite, actually, of the 34 I've visited. Heading east, it's great to decompress under the shady pecan trees after all-too-common traffic and accidents around the Horace Wilkinson Bridge.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Went through round trip again this weekend. Saturday about 2030 there were three charging and a bunch of people "hanging out" with the Tesla patrons. Wish it were closer to the stores, but a 100 yeard walk is therapeutic I guess. They've trimmed the bushes so consider your physical needs beforehand...
And of course about half of the TESLA Charging Only signs are gone.
And it is fun to see people lined up 6 feet apart all the way down the block waiting to get into Trader Joe's.
Sunday morning, three transients charging. Coffee, donuts and pleasant conversation to start the day.
Don't know if it was just me, but two stalls I used peaked at about 80KW. Temp about 70 F.

Last edited:
Both ABRP and Tesla show it to be closed. So is the one in Lafayette. That will make an interesting run tomorrow from Lake Charles to Metarie . Not happy.
I charged at Lafayette a week ago and Baton Rouge today. I’ll be at Lafayette again tomorrow. BR had 3 of 6 out and LaLa 4 of 8. I’ll post my findings on PlugShare tomorrow for Lafayette.

Edit: P.S. Metairie is also fine. No info on Lake Charles.

I charged at Lafayette a week ago and Baton Rouge today. I’ll be at Lafayette again tomorrow. BR had 3 of 6 out and LaLa 4 of 8. I’ll post my findings on PlugShare tomorrow for Lafayette.

Look through the thread about the Lafayette charger. There is a Good Samaritan in Lafayette near the Supercharger who has offered to help.

Good meeting the two of you - it's a small world (though I wouldn't want to have to paint it.)

We had more than enough after Lafayette to slide into Slidell with ease. In Crestview, FL, for the night. No more adventure today.

See you in Tejas.

Reactions: XHabjab
New Rivian charger planned at Acadian Village. 6 stalls (with a future expansion to 9). Trailer stall on the same island as Tesla

Baton Rouge Above View.jpg

Attachments

• Baton Rouge Rivian.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
I haven't been to that spot in a couple of years. My memory of the layout of that lot doesn't match reality at all. I thought there was just grass where the proposed Rivian chargers will be. I would have sworn to it. It's frightening that eyewitness testimony is considered not only valid, but reliable, in a court of law.