Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bay City, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE: All of the Tesla application paperwork, as well as a letter of recommendation from Meijers, was received by the county Planning Commission on time two weeks ago, and it all could have been approved ... BUT, the county noticed that Tesla is adding 8 parking spaces (see my photos of the grassy areas above), and that requires formal board review. The next available board meeting is July 5 and will be considered at that time.

Good news. Bay City, Port Huron, and Lansing should all open in short order.

• Love
Reactions: GSP
My job has some shifts to potentially be picked up in Cadillac or Grayling.

I could get to Cadillac from home in my 70D with probably 20-30 miles left - (is elevation change an issue?). Obviously I would stop at the Cadillac SC before heading back, but could take a while to charge because I would need almost 100% to get home. However, this whole conundrum would be irrelevant with a Bay City SC.

Grayling would basically require a detour to Cadillac or a long stop at the Level 2 chargers in West Branch so I wouldn't take any shifts there now. Even with the Bay City SC, it will actually probably create one of those rare situations where having an 85/90 potentially makes a difference vs a 60/70/75 unless I find a way to charge a little while I'm working (shifts would be 12 hours) or at whatever local hotel (shifts would likely be 2 or 3 days in a row).

We are officially on the Planning Commission agenda for July 5th ...

http://www.monitortwp.org/files/PC ag-7 2016 July 5.pdf

@STbreaker: until the supercharger goes online (potentially in August-September), consider using the 69amp public charger located in the Bay City State Park - that provides up to 48mph and can get you over the hump ... also, there is about a 500 foot incline from Bay City to Grayling, and yes, it has a noticeable effect on your electron burn

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP and snellenr
Just saw my first Model X and first Tesla charging at Boyne Mtn.
20160702_122313.jpg

Any idea what those "administrative details" include?

Did you speak with Carol?

Hey, Joel, I'm sorry, I just saw this old post. I did speak to Carol and she implied that there were just a few signatures on the township's side that needed to be completed before the permit is officially issued.

But, As noted in my post above, there is no action yet (I spend a LOT of time in Bay City State Park, so I'm intensely interested in seeing the SC go online)

Perhaps you have a tesla contact who can provide a timeline?

Hey, Joel, I'm sorry, I just saw this old post. I did speak to Carol and she implied that there were just a few signatures on the township's side that needed to be completed before the permit is officially issued.

But, As noted in my post above, there is no action yet (I spend a LOT of time in Bay City State Park, so I'm intensely interested in seeing the SC go online)

Perhaps you have a tesla contact who can provide a timeline?

It's moving forward. City required a few minor revisions to the site plan, but it is moving forward. It will be completed this quarter.

• Love
Reactions: turbospecc and GSP