Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bay City, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thx for the update! I talked to the guys and the transformer is located right behind the stations. I didn't think to ask if it was actually there. My guess is yes, there are big shipping containers they going in and out of to get supplies. Exciting!

Not to get anyone heighten expectations, but if they have a transformer, it could go up quickly.

I'm still going to need a Gaylord (or other far northern lower peninsula location) Supercharger before I can make the trip up north. Looks like it won't be this summer, but hopefully by next year they'll get around to it.
From the current bay city recreation area to mackinaw city is 176 miles, which should put nearly everything in the lower peninsula within range. There is also a Dairy Queen in Grayling that has a 1772 charger in back. It's for the owners car but he seemed pretty open to someone dropping in for a burger and electrons. I don't think it's suitable for a full charge but you could get an extra 30 miles and then recharge at destination.

From the current bay city recreation area to mackinaw city is 176 miles, which should put nearly everything in the lower peninsula within range. There is also a Dairy Queen in Grayling that has a 1772 charger in back. It's for the owners car but he seemed pretty open to someone dropping in for a burger and electrons. I don't think it's suitable for a full charge but you could get an extra 30 miles and then recharge at destination.
Yep and with a little detour, there is an SC on Cadillac

image.jpeg

Guy told me today rhere is no transformer on site. Meanwhile the concrete pouring is completed and the remaining equipment has been placed.

Yeah, they are actually paving the entire lot at Meijer right now. Will be very nice. If anyone needs a quick dental check while waiting for their charge, I am right across the street :)

Is there a discount for Tesla owners?

If Bay City were opened now, I'd strongly consider it during the stop on our way to Northport next week :)

Wow, nice progress! This addition and the Port Huron SC both really help to fill some voids in Michigan and provide an important Canada connection, eh? Still waiting for some news on a Lansing SC yet this year though. That's the one I would use most.

The site looks to be nearly complete now - the asphalt and painted lines are in, all charging stalls look to be finished, the supercharger cabinets and distribution cabinets are complete, and bushes and grass have been planted. It appears that they still need to install light poles, but other than that, it's done.

All we need now is a transformer :(

Reactions: Casavant