Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bay City, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging!

Attachments

• IMG_2171.PNG
    IMG_2171.PNG
    190.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    441.1 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Casavant

I've noticed in the photos above that all but one of the charging stations require a car to back in. That's the typical Supercharger stall layout. The one that Alrug used in the photo here lines up when a car pulls in nose first though. Is the purpose of this orientation to allow a Model X with a trailer to charge without detaching the trailer? If so, we'll need to keep that in mind, particularly during busy travel periods. I'd hate to block the only trailer-friendly stall when someone really needs to use it.

I was just on PlugShare and noticed that they show the Bay City supercharger. However, the list shows a red block with the word "restricted" and the supercharger name is followed with "Coming Soon." This is on my iPhone. On my iPad there is no mention in PlugShare for the BayCity charger at all.

Does that mean anything? Or is it something that PlugShare just does or is required by Tesla to post? I plan to travel on Thursday and I would like to know the station is still working.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
I didn't see it on my navigation, but it's there and active. I intend on using it often when going to visit my granddaughter.

As far as charging when towing a trailer, I'm not sure how that might work because you'd be blocking the drive. Although it's at the far end of the parking lot, there does appear to be a good bit of traffic going by. It might be a bit of a hassle, but there's ample parking across from the chargers where you could drop the trailer and pull straight into the charger spot.

Just be aware that this site is not officially open. Tesla will officially open it in two to three weeks (give or take). There is a chance it is inoperable between now and then, so I would not rely on it as a primary Super Charger until it is officially opened.

It is the same situation as with Cadillac when it was live before it officially opened (and closed for a period after it was live).

Just be aware that this site is not officially open. Tesla will officially open it in two to three weeks (give or take). There is a chance it is inoperable between now and then, so I would not rely on it as a primary Super Charger until it is officially opened.

It is the same situation as with Cadillac when it was live before it officially opened (and closed for a period after it was live).

This is good advice from Joel. I had used the Cadillac Supercharger a couple of times before it was officially activated and then later it was inoperative. Good thing I still had enough SOC to get home. Have a plan B for charging just in case until it is officially live.

• Informative
Reactions: tomsModelS
Isn't it nice to know you can get around lower Michigan Jim?
Hi Al. Yes, with 6 Superchargers in lower Michigan you can go about anywhere. This one in Bay City made my trip to Ann Arbor a breeze. Lots of interest in Tesla from Meijer customers driving by too.

I do a lot of long day trips to Lansing and it will be helpful when there is a Supercharger in Michigan's capital too.