Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bay City, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah? Very cool. Did you actually see 135 kW on the car's display? I thought that was a theoretical maximum with the latest Supercharger design. The highest I've actually seen was 116 kW when I arrived with a 20% state of charge a few months back.

View attachment 196705
No, The highest reading was about 120kw, My battery was at about a 25% SOC when I arrived. Checked the nameplate rating on one of the four white chargers behind the charging pedestals and it said 135kw. Also used one of the Ann Arbor SC B charging stalls yesterday morning and it seemed quite a bit slower only reaching a peak rate of about 250 miles per charging hour. However, I began at about 33% SOC charge for that session so it should have been somewhat slower. I think the latest SC design is 145 kw.

Went there on Sunday and their already taking icing to a new level.
IMG_0791.JPG

Glad it's working, but wondering why it still hasn't made it to the "Find Us..." map (just checked) or in-car navigation (last time I checked)...
Charged twice earlier this week. For fun I called support and asked if the site is open yet... Ehm, they said they have no record of it. LoL. Data travels slowly sometimes . Glad we have it!

Hey guys just wanted to share this, last night I arrived at the bay city charger by 9.00 PM and the chargers where not working.
I had used the charger few days ago during afternoon time and they where working fine. When I called the tesla supported they said the site is officially not open thats the reason charger are not working. I only had 23 miles range left, luckily my destination was just 10 mile so i had to charge at my buddy's place. I would suggest that have a back-up plan for charging until the site is officially open. Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: Joel and tomsModelS
I was able to charge yesterday, but power seemed to be limited, and somewhat erratic. I arrived with about 50% charge and, using stall 1A, I got about 60 kW charge rate. The charge rate did not appear to be as steady as usual, varying up and down about +/- 10 kW. I left with about 85% SOC, with the charge rate about 30 kW.

The Meijer store deli has a small seating area on the west wall of the building. Not super impressive (the Ann Arbor Meijers has a nicer seating area with a Starbucks inside), but it is an option for a quicker meal. Even at the reduced charging rate, it is hard to eat fast enough to keep up with the superchargers. :)

GSP

I charged last Friday and Sunday with no issues. It's a good thing it was active because I only had 5 miles of range when I charged Sunday morning at 6:30. A decent backup plan is the charger at the state park, not to far from the Meijers. It's not real fast, but it's better than nothing.

Reactions: tomsModelS
The charger at the state park technically requires that you have a passport for using state parks, but no one ever asked me to show my registration. The station is an ev type charger, not a NEMA outlet. I attach to the ev cord a black plastic converter that came with my Tesla charging bundle and plug the connector into my car charging port. I don't know what it is called by name.

Just looked it up. The connector is called an SAE J1772.

Hope this helps.

The charger at the state park technically requires that you have a passport for using state parks, but no one ever asked me to show my registration. The station is an ev type charger, not a NEMA outlet. I attach to the ev cord a black plastic converter that came with my Tesla charging bundle and plug the connector into my car charging port. I don't know what it is called by name.

Just looked it up. The connector is called an SAE J1772.

Hope this helps.

Perfect. Thanks, bafreer. I'm well aware of the use of the J1772 adapter. I asked because I'm heading up past Bay City next weekend and was wondering if I need to take my UMC with me. I prefer leaving it at home and it sounds like I can.