TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Baychester, NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by bhuwan, Mar 10, 2019.

1. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member

#1 bhuwan, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Sorry if this is in the wrong location - on mobile.. I was super excited to find a new supercharger (cc @BlueShift ). There are 12 urban superchargers located in the garage of the baychester mall.

There are two garages - the chargers being in the one that connects to Macy’s.

The stalls are located on the second floor (level 2 red). The equipment is located on level 1. I’ll add pictures once on a laptop.

Needless to say, these chargers are not yet completed.

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 2
  2. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member

Pictures round one.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member

Pictures round two.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  4. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

@Doug_G Please move this thread to the Mid-Atlantic subforum and edit the title to be consistent with the other supercharger threads in that section (e.g. Supercharger - Baychester, NY) . Thanks.

• Like x 3
  5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Done.

• Like x 2
  6. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

In the photos we can see the six supercharger cabinets and the autotransformers, but then there is one wide white box. What is that? It doesn't look like a typical utility transformer.

7. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

Switchgear.

8. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Is there a parking fee at this location??

9. bhuwan

bhuwan Supporting Member

#9 bhuwan, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    What is that!?!
    EDIT: Never mind. Been using the super charger network since 2013, and still learning new things!

"The eight bay setup takes a 12kV, 750kVA feed from the utility, steps it down to 480V three phase on site, pushes that into 2000A switchgear which feeds four (one for each pair of bays) SuperCharger units at 480V/200A. Each unit contains 12 [Model S] 10kW rectifiers for 120kW"

Source: UPDATED: 'How it works' - SuperCharger Station | Tesla

Yes, I paid $3. I believe it is $3 all day. I did not look into validation since I did not end up purchasing anything.

• Informative x 1
  10. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

I suppose it must be, but it doesn't normally come in a box shaped like that.