Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baytown, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Baytown, TX

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Buc-Ee’s
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Lake Charles, LA - 118.8 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Lafayette, LA - 194.3 miles

Pathetic splitter of Channelview, TX and Lake Charles, LA on I-10, being only 9 miles from Channelview, TX. But it's a v3 between v2s, and very conveniently off the Interstate, so will help speed up travel.

This is not too far from the SC in Channelview, which no no amenities other than the restrooms in the hotel. The new site at Buc-ee’s will offer food choices.
The other benefit for this SC over the Channelview is the side of the road it's on. For West traffic, the Channelview is the choice. Out of your way if you are heading East. You have to make a U turn at the frontage road to get to the SC. Then you're go down to the next intersection, make a U turn to get back towards the East. This new charger will be a breeze to get off on an exit and back on I-10. There is some construction in the area but at lease it's on the same side for East bound traffic.

Reactions: CarlS
Looking forward to this location. Tesla SC maps now show a Baytown Supercharger scheduled for Q2'22. The pin is pretty far away from Buc-ee's on the map, but hoping that changes as it gets developed.

On the trips I've taken through here, both Channel View and Lake Charles superchargers are congested and I had to wait at both, not to mention being v2 and slower when full. Baytown -> Lafayette looks like they will be the preferred stops in this section of I-10 going forward.

Reactions: theothertom
This is not too far from the SC in Channelview, which no no amenities other than the restrooms in the hotel. The new site at Buc-ee’s will offer food choices.
when the restaurant in the Holiday Inn is open, it's decent. The hotel employees are friendly and helpful. i like stopping there far more than stopping at Buckee's which I don't stop at unless no alternative.

Reactions: droopaloop
when the restaurant in the Holiday Inn is open, it's decent. The hotel employees are friendly and helpful. i like stopping there far more than stopping at Buckee's which I don't stop at unless no alternative.
I agree the HI isn't all that bad, but usually the restaurant is closed when we stop there. Besides, this is a "charge and go" location for us and we don't want to spend 45 minutes charging. The employees are nice and helpful as you mentioned.

Stolen from Tesla Houston FB Group. Fence is up. Looks like right at the corner of the property: 29.801587, -94.997897

1649860612173.png

@corywright