Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bealeton, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there is a cocrete pad for the utility transformer, it's generally a big green irregularly shaped box, and is labeled with all kinds of markings but the KVA marking is a dead give away (V3 sites are often 500, 750 or 1000 based on the number of stalls).

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson
there is a cocrete pad for the utility transformer, it's generally a big green irregularly shaped box, and is labeled with all kinds of markings but the KVA marking is a dead give away (V3 sites are often 500, 750 or 1000 based on the number of stalls).
In my earlier posts there were two cabinets on concrete pads hidden under "Tesla Energy" coverings. Those are still covered today. Also, I wonder what is inside the shed?

ok, the two white covered Tesla Energy items are the supercharger cabinets (Chargers to convert AC to DC). The transformer pad is larger and more rectangular. The transformer is outside and not in a shed, it depends on air cooling. The meter is usually near the white smaller cabinets that hold the communications electronics and shutoff switches.

• Informative
Transformer and meter are installed. Looks like everything is ready to go except for some minor touch-ups and commissioning by Tesla.

5CC8122B-CCE0-44A6-97EC-C25F33CE5361.jpeg
6D671189-D93C-44AE-B377-B94FB260CEB9.jpeg
E9A23C1C-CC10-4FA7-8CF0-808ABA388F0D.jpeg
14B2BC4D-06C8-44E5-B9D6-8D0164467418.jpeg
C97A2821-F353-4471-B9A6-AE282E7216D8.jpeg

My first impression: The charger cable seems to be thinner than most supercharger cables, and it seems a lot slower than it should be (no one else was charging, and I was down to about 40% when I plugged in....but I do have a "B" battery on my P85). Pavement striping needs to be redone!View attachment 735040View attachment 735041
The thinner cable is because it is a V3 supercharger. It did seem to charge slowly yesterday but it was also cold. If your battery pack didn't have enough time to fully condition before charging, that could be the reason.

Saw this car on Friday night at the Supercharger. 30 minutes later it was still there. Have seen it before - pretty sure it is an employee at the Sheetz. I left a nice note on the windshield asking them not to park in a Tesla Only supercharger spot, as we have paid for the use of that spot to charge our cars. If anyone else see this car here I ask that you nicely report it to the Manager at that location.
IMG_2119.jpeg