TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Beaumont, Texas

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by TexasEV, Jun 13, 2018.

1. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

The “coming soon” Beaumont supercharger may actually be built a few miles to the east in Vidor. Tesla has asked for a utility survey at the Walmart near the Main St. exit of I-10 in Vidor.

• Informative x 1
  2. Thrillion

Thrillion New Member

@TexasEV, Good to know. If you frequent Folsom in Beaumont, I think I've spotted you in the Blue 3 with aeros.
    I'm in a MSM P3D with the 18's and cap kit.

3. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

hmm
    I wonder if this is another EA location and not Tesla

4. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

Yes, it is. Or at least EA is going to build a station at that Walmart. I suppose it's possible that Tesla might as well, but I'm doubtful. Regardless, I believe that the TESS notice that @TexasEV based his post on was in fact for the EA installation. We've seen that a number of the EA locations have been listed as "for Tesla" on these surveys. For a list of sites in Texas that I've linked to EA installations: Texas Electrify America fast charging locations

I explain how I linked this Vidor location to EA in this post in the San Antonio Supercharger thread (same logic but for the Vidor EAB filing): Supercharger - San Antonio, TX