Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beaver, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As we have posted several times, this is going to be 24 additional V3 superchargers. They will all be on the pre-cast bases. They will also be adding solar and batteries.

We do not know what they will do with the old V2 chargers. There are two restaurants on site, a hotel, and the gas station. I have eaten at both restaurants and both are decent. Timberline is sit-down, $15 per entree kind of place, and the second is DQ.
Someone on the FB page said that they got info that the old V2 stalls will be staying. 32 stalls in total, bro!

Stoped by there today.
IMG_0661.jpeg

Here is the site plan for the other 16 stalls. DocScanned from a Twitter post
That shows that 2 Pre-Assembled Supercharger units (8 stalls worth) are to be installed first. And then the next 4 units will be installed in the future after the utility upgrades the transformer to 2500 kVA. It's not clear how far in the future they are expecting that to take place.

Given that there are separate Tesla Find Us URLs, and different enough coordinates, I think this should be a new entry on supercharge.info.
I'm a bit torn on this, since even Tesla is being inconsistent - I checked another site (Quartzsite) which had some V2s but was then supplemented with lots of V3s to see what Tesla did there but they treat them as part of the same site (and the V2's are still there at Quartzsite based on this Google 360 image from last month). Yet have 2 separate entries for the two Mt Shasta locations that are practically next door to each other.

Are the Tesla map pins for the Beaver locations accurate (are they really that far away?)

I'm a bit torn on this, since even Tesla is being inconsistent - I checked another site (Quartzsite) which had some V2s but was then supplemented with lots of V3s to see what Tesla did there but they treat them as part of the same site (and the V2's are still there at Quartzsite based on this Google 360 image from last month). Yet have 2 separate entries for the two Mt Shasta locations that are practically next door to each other.

Are the Tesla map pins for the Beaver locations accurate (are they really that far away?)

Having been to both Mt. Shast locations, they are definitely different locations and deserving of two pins. This one feels like some of the other V2 locations that have had V3 stalls added, for which Tesla only displays one pin.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV and Chuq
The old site and the new site are very close together. In post #219 you can see the old stalls in the background.

Yea, that picture makes it clear how close the new ones are to the old ones. It looks like the pins on Tesla's map are not accurate.

In general, once a Supercharger is open I think supercharge.info should track as closely to Tesla's official information as possible, but this may be an exception. Maybe they'll eventually update Find Us to only have a single pin for this location.

Wonder if they will go live as quick as the first 8 did?
The portion of the plans shown in a picture up thread said that only the first 2 blocks would be activated initially. All the subsequent ones were going to be done after the utility transformer is upgraded to a larger unit that can support the higher electrical draw. So, those curious about activation for the rest of the stalls should be looking for the site's transformer to be swapped.