Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beaver, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Yonki is there right now sent this;

A6BA58C8-E85D-4116-97F7-E07EDF54DD78.jpeg

Lovely day there too

The old chargers are still bagged and unusable. The car wash is gone! Nothing but an odd section of gravel where the building used to be. Looks like they put up some posts along the back of the 250s making it harder to pull back there with a trailer. Still possible but only for one car with a trailer.

Attachments

• DC5A5B9A-6FAB-4986-83BB-76F3E7F5BFC6.jpeg
    DC5A5B9A-6FAB-4986-83BB-76F3E7F5BFC6.jpeg
    607.3 KB · Views: 112
  • EAEC26DF-4352-4424-8571-94FC109184DE.jpeg
    EAEC26DF-4352-4424-8571-94FC109184DE.jpeg
    680.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 1AD074DD-72B7-4490-9BEF-3CFEE1704D3B.jpeg
    1AD074DD-72B7-4490-9BEF-3CFEE1704D3B.jpeg
    453.1 KB · Views: 102
There is a FB post on my feed this evening of a video with a person purporting to be that Chevron station's owner placing bags over two of the (mobile-based?) SpCs, ones seemingly closest to the side of the convenience store, with the videotaper asking him questions. Mr Owner says he's doing it because Tesla has not paid him rent for the site "since last October" (or it was some month last fall), and wouldn't answer his emails, etc. Videotaper asks "what about those?" pointing to the string of chargers off to the east. "I'll do those, too" or some such was the reply.

The only other item of note I recall was that there was a string of other videos by the same poster below - all of them critical of Tesla.

I am not going to search, find and post the FB link as I do not know how to do it without potentially exposing myself, but I sure am interested to learn if there is anything remotely on the up-and-up about this. Given that the 250s are bagged according to prior posts in this thread...I think there's a lot of mischief here. Who'd-a-thunk that from FB!? The feed from which I received this is from a former friend who is passionately anti-Tesla, -EV, -environmental....and I'll stop there.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Re-located the link; it is from a blog entitled “Electric Cars” - or perhaps that is a truncation of a longer title.

Under any circumstances, I smell a rat.

Reactions: KJD
There is a FB post on my feed this evening of a video with a person purporting to be that Chevron station's owner placing bags over two of the (mobile-based?) SpCs, ones seemingly closest to the side of the convenience store, with the videotaper asking him questions. Mr Owner says he's doing it because Tesla has not paid him rent for the site "since last October" (or it was some month last fall), and wouldn't answer his emails, etc. Videotaper asks "what about those?" pointing to the string of chargers off to the east. "I'll do those, too" or some such was the reply.

The only other item of note I recall was that there was a string of other videos by the same poster below - all of them critical of Tesla.

I am not going to search, find and post the FB link as I do not know how to do it without potentially exposing myself, but I sure am interested to learn if there is anything remotely on the up-and-up about this. Given that the 250s are bagged according to prior posts in this thread...I think there's a lot of mischief here. Who'd-a-thunk that from FB!? The feed from which I received this is from a former friend who is passionately anti-Tesla, -EV, -environmental....and I'll stop there.
The original Beaver site with 8 stalls is offline. The new site on the other side of where the car wash used to be (200 feet away) has 24 new V3 stalls.

The in car navigation shows 12 stalls available right now.

Can not say for sure because I am in Salt Lake County right now, but that FB post could be an old video from a year ago (or more) where there were some problems at this site, much like what you describe.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
The original Beaver site with 8 stalls is offline. The new site on the other side of where the car wash used to be (200 feet away) has 24 new V3 stalls.

The in car navigation shows 12 stalls available right now.

Can not say for sure because I am in Salt Lake County right now, but that FB post could be an old video from a year ago (or more) where there were some problems at this site, much like what you describe.
Has the original V2 equipment been removed?

We brought both the Models S and X through the Beaver site in fall of 2019; I have a vague recollection of a new line coming on to replace the earlier one but that it wasn’t yet ready.

I should delete much of mostbof my posts. Before I posted the first of this series, I searched the thread back a few months to ensure I wasn’t presenting old news.
Of course, I’d no idea it was THAT old!
Apologies all around.

I should delete much of mostbof my posts. Before I posted the first of this series, I searched the thread back a few months to ensure I wasn’t presenting old news.
Of course, I’d no idea it was THAT old!
Apologies all around.
There is so much mis information on social media these days, I think we have all been victimized by it at one time or another.

I really hate that video, as it gets posted on the Utah Tesla Owners group every few months. Even back when it was originally posted, it was wrong. The owner of the Chevron in that video HAD been paid, and didnt check with his financials guy (his own son). But he bagged them anyway.

Tesla has turned off the V2 chargers, and marked them as offline in the car, causing the Utah group to get a question if they are down weekly. The V3s are online and have been for months.

The only information I do have, is they are building a Beans and Brews where the old car wash was, not sure what's happening with the V2s.

I really hate that video, as it gets posted on the Utah Tesla Owners group every few months. Even back when it was originally posted, it was wrong. The owner of the Chevron in that video HAD been paid, and didnt check with his financials guy (his own son). But he bagged them anyway.

Tesla has turned off the V2 chargers, and marked them as offline in the car, causing the Utah group to get a question if they are down weekly. The V3s are online and have been for months.

The only information I do have, is they are building a Beans and Brews where the old car wash was, not sure what's happening with the V2s.
Thanks for confirming. I will mark the old site as permanently closed on supercharge.info.

Well, I probably nailed the coffin, sealed the lid and buried the box in terms of killing off the old friendship (it's likely we never would have seen each other again anyway), by posting this on her FB page, using phrasing that would resonate with her:

It is beyond me how any red-blooded American can feel anything other than bursting pride at how successful AMERICAN technology, hard work and innovativeness has combined to produce the #1 most Made in AMERICA -by # of and value of parts - automobiles; having brought great paying jobs to tens of thousands of AMERICAN laborers, powered by 100% AMERICAN energy. That video not only is several years old, but was a ridiculous farce in that the Chevron owner HAD been paid - his accountant/bookkeeper is his son and the two of them don't get along - AND the reason the charging stalls were being cloaked is because Tesla was replacing those 250kW units with the newer 350kW ones.

A terrible disservice all around to use the internet perpetuate this calumny.

Well, I probably nailed the coffin, sealed the lid and buried the box in terms of killing off the old friendship (it's likely we never would have seen each other again anyway), by posting this on her FB page, using phrasing that would resonate with her:

It is beyond me how any red-blooded American can feel anything other than bursting pride at how successful AMERICAN technology, hard work and innovativeness has combined to produce the #1 most Made in AMERICA -by # of and value of parts - automobiles; having brought great paying jobs to tens of thousands of AMERICAN laborers, powered by 100% AMERICAN energy. That video not only is several years old, but was a ridiculous farce in that the Chevron owner HAD been paid - his accountant/bookkeeper is his son and the two of them don't get along - AND the reason the charging stalls were being cloaked is because Tesla was replacing those 250kW units with the newer 350kW ones.

A terrible disservice all around to use the internet perpetuate this calumny.
I think you meant 150kW and 250kW.