Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beavercreek, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Swung by just now. Looks really close to opening. There was an AES Ohio van and person there but they were in their car so I didn’t chat.
735382DD-7412-4EEA-BD8F-6C5AF262C2B4.jpeg

The new trend in Tesla superchargers is let them sit finished for weeks/ months inoperable. So no I don’t think you should have hope for tomorrow as west Chester has been completed for weeks and isn’t turned on yet either

The new trend in Tesla superchargers is let them sit finished for weeks/ months inoperable. So no I don’t think you should have hope for tomorrow as west Chester has been completed for weeks and isn’t turned on yet either
Well that is disappointing. Odd they would not want to capitalize on the assets idlely sitting there. But then maybe it has something to do with the state or the co-op (if they are both going to be on the same power company's grid).

Last edited:
I have a feeling this “trend” is because of permitting issues/reasons and maybe there being only one (or a small handful) of Tesla Employees responsible for shepparding the paperwork for way too many SCs
It’s interesting to me and I’m sure Tesla would want west Chester running asap due to the area. There are absolutely no superchargers around and it’s a heavily traveled stretch of I75 and right off the exit. Beavercreek is probably the same as there are no chargers until Columbus.

It’s not that Tesla Supercharger team are slacking off, understaffed or are behind on work. Utility companies are experiencing supply chain problems with the transformers that power these sites, and, more often than not, they’re the cause of the hold-up.

Transformative Times: Update on the U.S. Transformer Supply Chain

Last edited: