Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beaverton, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t see this one on the leaked location list or upcoming pin locations. It might be for destination chargers but once construction starts it will be obvious what it is. Beaverton only has issued permits available through August so no go there.

A dig ticket was filed yesterday for the King Pins Bowling parking garage at 2715 SW Cedar Hills Road fo install electric primary for Tesla. Sounds like a supercharger to me since destination chargers would be installed by property owner, not Tesla.

1666860212115.png

Interesting. The bowling alley moved, and Google satellite shows this as a vacant lot, which looks like it's large enough for a service center.
Are you sure the bowling alley moved? Address is 2725, shows as current on Google and their website. Google street view shows some of the development as under construction so it is almost brand new.

1667016367708.png

The dig ticket mentions the address is for the west side of the parking garage for king pins bowling alley. Seems unlikely they would mention a business that no longer exists in that location. Highly likely they are putting Superchargers in the parking garage.

1667016757812.png

Reactions: PStewart
The bowling alley use to be north a 100 yards next to Walker, moved about 5 years ago and the old one torn down. Would be odd putting V3 superchargers in a parking structure. Even the 72kw ones would charge to quickly for people to go bowling, barely enough time to eat lunch. A big row of destination chargers would make more sense but those are put in by the business, not Tesla.

Reactions: izzelsizzel
The bowling alley use to be north a 100 yards next to Walker, moved about 5 years ago and the old one torn down. Would be odd putting V3 superchargers in a parking structure. Even the 72kw ones would charge to quickly for people to go bowling, barely enough time to eat lunch. A big row of destination chargers would make more sense but those are put in by the business, not Tesla.
Tesla hasn't been installing 72kW superchargers for quite a while though. With few exceptions, it's all v3 now and v4 "soon."

It likely has nothing to do with people charging while bowling. There appears to be lots of shopping in the area as well as food options so lots of things to do while charging. The dig ticket just happens to mention bowling but the parking garage is for the whole development. Cedar Hills Crossing. The property owner has likely entered into the agreement with Tesla, not the bowling alley.

There actually is precedent for a bowling alley supercharger. Brunswick, GA. It's kind of an odd supercharger host, but with opening hours typically from 10am to around midnight, it seems to work out okay (starting the day with a full charge, people aren't super likely to be charging much before 10am).

And like Mrbrock says, there's a lot of stuff within walking distance in Beaverton, which isn't really the case in Brunswick, although if you're willing to walk a quarter mile, there's a Circle K and a BBQ restaurant there.

Still seems like an odd location. May only be a mile or so away from Hwy 217 and 26 but Walker, Cedar Hills and Jenkins are busy with crowded intersections and surrounded by very busy parking lots. Even if it was farther away I would go to the Beaverton Supercharger at Target off 26 and 185th. Much easier to get to and right off the freeway. V3’s charge to fast for me to do any shopping other than a 15 min dash into Target. I really try to avoid having my car finish charging and not be right there to move it.

Are you sure the bowling alley moved? Address is 2725, shows as current on Google and their website. Google street view shows some of the development as under construction so it is almost brand new.

View attachment 868650

The dig ticket mentions the address is for the west side of the parking garage for king pins bowling alley. Seems unlikely they would mention a business that no longer exists in that location. Highly likely they are putting Superchargers in the parking garage.

View attachment 868652
Oh, I see! The old King Pins was on the north side of the parking garage.

Reactions: Mrbrock
Something looks off with the fifth charger from the left. The concrete pillar looks like it would keep you from backing in close enough. Also, I am use to the handle being on the left. These look like they hang up on the right side of the unit.

I stopped by this lot tonight and was completely surprised an SC was being built here, although still not open yet.

@Mrbrock Yes, it’s located on the west side, on ground level, of the parking garage. Near the entrance/exit of the parking garage on that side.

@CWhite That is definitely a strange observation with them hanging up on the right side. Hopefully not a mistake and the spaces will be restriped, as Mrbrock mentioned.

At first thought, this didn’t seem like a great location but there are a ton of popular places in this lot. It‘s very much out of the way for those traveling up and down I5, though.

For those not aware, a few of the places currently open in this lot are:
  • Shake Shack
  • Salt and Straw
  • Sharetea
  • McMenamins
  • Kingpins
  • Paris Baguette
  • Crumbl Cookie
  • Dave’s Hot Chicken
  • Wildfin
  • and several other popular places to eat that are more “common”
Personally, that’s quite a list of places to have in one relatively small lot. It shows on nights and weekends when parking is very hard to find, although I don’t think the parking situation was very high on their priority when building this area since there’s really not that many spots for the amount of businesses, including the parking garage which is somewhat out of view so doesn’t seem to be utilized much. I often see the non-garage lot completely full with many cars circling around and head straight to the garage and see only few cars in there.

Always nice to see more SC’s being built and I would expect this location to have medium to high utilization by out of towners. But good luck finding parking when the area is busy and you need to move your car after charging. :)

Attachments

• 6C42E47F-DE49-4CC3-981C-ED7633CD9D48.jpeg
    6C42E47F-DE49-4CC3-981C-ED7633CD9D48.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
This appears to be more of a locals/destination supercharger development than a necessary for traveling elsewhere development. It was t on the map prior to the recent update so maybe the developers reached out to Tesla vs the other way around.