Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Hope, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Google says 152 miles from my friend's place outside Charlotte to Wytheville. Going south, you have a beautiful view off what feels like a cliff face of the Carolina plains. Heading north, you're climbing that cliff, which is what I'm most curious about. I agree, in warm weather a range charge should do it, no questions asked. In cooler weather, I'm happy to let someone else trail blaze for me. ;-)

CLT Supercharger to Wytheville Supercharger - EV Trip Planner:

Speed Multiplier 1
Cabin Temp (°F) 70
Ext Temp (°F) 15
Payload (lb) 750
Wind (mph) 5
Intial Charge (%) 100
Buffer Charge (%) 10

Distance 131.9 miles
Driving Time 2:03
Total Energy Used 55.8 kWh
186 RM
Average Efficiency 423 Wh/mile
Net Elevation Change 1460 feet

Warmer temps mean less energy, colder means more.

RETURN trip is downhill, using less energy under same conditions. (170 RM's)

Tesla Time = Elon/Tesla claim x3

But seriously, superchargers are the one thing Tesla has consistently nailed year after year. I literally can not praise that team enough for the job they do world-wide.

Yup I gotta agree the roll out of the SC network year after year has been incredible. Hats off to Tesla for that. And TBH hats off to Tesla for single handedly trying to shape the automobile industry and getting us to zero emissions.

Reactions: shonline
I don't even know if it's that. I though the power company was dragging?
The pics showed both a transformer and meter in place. Usually, those are the last things we all wait for at a new location prior to certification. Perhaps no power to the meter is the culprit, so I could be wrong as I may have assumed the power good to go. Anyone local wanna call whoever the utility is?

Reactions: Tribaltech
The pics showed both a transformer and meter in place. Usually, those are the last things we all wait for at a new location prior to certification. Perhaps no power to the meter is the culprit, so I could be wrong as I may have assumed the power good to go. Anyone local wanna call whoever the utility is?
The only detail I did not look for was where the transformer is tied into the main power lines. I wonder if there is a pole nearby with lines not yet attached to the main lines. Usually this is done at the same time they set the transformer. I remember waiting a long time for this to happen at the Clarence SC in New York.

Does anyone know of a business to approach in Beckley or Summerville area for destination chargers? The Roadster can use a SuperCharger and just an hour on a destination can get me through W Va. I tried Days Inn in Flatwood but they do want to go for it.

Does anyone know of a business to approach in Beckley or Summerville area for destination chargers? The Roadster can use a SuperCharger and just an hour on a destination can get me through W Va. I tried Days Inn in Flatwood but they do want to go for it.
Not a lot of destination chargers in WV it seems. Do you have the plugshare app? There is one kind Tesla owner in Beckley with a Tesla charger opening it up to other Tesla owners for cases like this. That is the only option I see until SC opens

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak