Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Hope, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received this today for the team, FWIW::

Thank you for your response. We hope to energize as soon as possible, however we cannot make any guarantees about a specific opening day. Our team is working diligently to open this site as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team
Thanks for trying. I still have a week but looks like it’s Charleston for me as well.

For those of you traveling North, I notice on PlugShare.com that Cafe Cimino in Sutton has a Tesla destination charger. Would be a really nice place to stop and grab a bite and a few miles if it looks like you might be stretching it to make the Weston charger (a Plan B).
PlugShare Web v2
Cafe Cimino Country Inn - Sutton - United States

Suggest calling in advance to make sure things are good, because I've heard the Inn is up for sale.
CR

Checked it 2 hours ago, still not powered up. However we made it Wytheville to Weston with 12% left in our fully charged 75. Scary when the trip estimator went 0% to 3% to 20% bouncing all over.
Thanks for the update. I’m heading south from Weston and not sure if going south will use up more power than going north from Wytheville. All depends on the topography.

Ugh! This really sucks! I was hoping for it to be open as well. Oh well my trip is going to take me from Charleston, WV to Wytheville and onward so without Beckly at about 90% charge to be safe, I should be OK... so help me universe!
I wouldn't worry about the end of 2018 thing. Tesla just changed all the remaining 2017 sites to 2018 on the map. There are often long delays after construction is done to get the local utility to hook it up, but I'm betting this one will be open by the end of January.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and Tribaltech
I wouldn't worry about the end of 2018 thing. Tesla just changed all the remaining 2017 sites to 2018 on the map. There are often long delays after construction is done to get the local utility to hook it up, but I'm betting this one will be open by the end of January.
The entire set up in Beckley has been completed since mid November including the power meter installation. So the delay is really odd.

Reactions: jrreno
Delays like this are not uncommon. Construction at the Kingston Ontario supercharger finished on November 27, 2014 and it didn't open until January 29, 2015. In that case, as far as we know, there were some delays in getting the metering equipment that the utility needed. Sometimes the delay is getting the transformer, or the meter, or just getting the utility to come and hook it up. Even if the utility transformer and visible meter are installed (normally the last things to go in), there could be some missing metering equipment (CTs, VTs) or some part of the switchgear or protection components. Or it could just be a delay in getting someone assigned to connect it. One of these days, it'll get hooked up, and then a few days later, Tesla will test it and it will be open.

• Informative
Reactions: Drucifer