Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Belleville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped to charge up earlier today, driving my new Model 3 from Toronto to Ottawa. I was getting about 300 km/hr (48kw) which seemed a bit slow. I ended up stopping at the Kingston supercharger as well, and I was getting about double the rate - around 600 km/hr (93kw). Is the Belleville supercharger just limited or is this unusual?
How full was your battery at the beginning of each supercharging session (in percentage terms)?

Here are screenshots I took from the app. The slower rate one is Belleville, the faster Kingston.

Attachments

• IMG_2422.jpg
    IMG_2422.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2427.jpg
    IMG_2427.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 66
So if my math is correct (it has been quite a while since high school). 777 km\hr = 12.95 km/min x $0.40 c/min = $0.03 c/km. This means at $1.30 litre for gas you are getting the equivalent of 43.3 km per litre or 2.3 litres per 100 km. Not bad for a pay station. I imagine that charging at home off peak would be significantly cheaper, but I think these super stations are great.

Configured and still waiting for my M3.

So if my math is correct (it has been quite a while since high school). 777 km\hr = 12.95 km/min x $0.40 c/min = $0.03 c/km. This means at $1.30 litre for gas you are getting the equivalent of 43.3 km per litre or 2.3 litres per 100 km. Not bad for a pay station. I imagine that charging at home off peak would be significantly cheaper, but I think these super stations are great.

Configured and still waiting for my M3.
Yes still good compared to gas.

However I think you'd have a hard time get 777km/hr average pace of charging over anything longer than a couple of minutes.

So that means 5 of the cabinets aren't communicating. You can kind of guess as to the actual occupancy but you will never be completely accurate. For example, if it says 5 out of 20 are available, the odds are that roughly 10 stalls are available.
I don't see that happening anywhere else though. Wonder if it's just while it's new they're giving it some breathing room this way. Dissuaded people from coming while it's the still early days.

I don't see that happening anywhere else though. Wonder if it's just while it's new they're giving it some breathing room this way. Dissuaded people from coming while it's the still early days.
It's happened at quite a few locations. In fact it still does. I follow most of the supercharger threads and I've probably explained the whole "cabinets not communicating" thing in 5 or 6 different threads over the last month. As an example, Arlington, WA showed 14 of 18 stalls in use constantly for its first few months of existence. Which was hilarious because it's one of the least used superchargers in the Northwest. No idea why they did 18 stalls there but I'm not complaining. Monroe, WA was similar, not actually busy at all but was showing 10 of 14 in use or something. Eventually they seem to work out the kinks. I think it helps if people call the hotline and complain :)

It's happened at quite a few locations. In fact it still does. I follow most of the supercharger threads and I've probably explained the whole "cabinets not communicating" thing in 5 or 6 different threads over the last month. As an example, Arlington, WA showed 14 of 18 stalls in use constantly for its first few months of existence. Which was hilarious because it's one of the least used superchargers in the Northwest. No idea why they did 18 stalls there but I'm not complaining. Monroe, WA was similar, not actually busy at all but was showing 10 of 14 in use or something. Eventually they seem to work out the kinks. I think it helps if people call the hotline and complain :)
I don't tend to follow supercharger threads in other countries, so I'll take your word for it. I was referring to the GTA where I tend to drive.

Super handy location. Also very busy. No, seriously, the traffic in/out of the mall is pretty heavy.

IMG_0271.jpg

Well, okay, I saw another Tesla driving out as I came in. And there was a non-charging Model X across from us.

Very quiet location at night. Took a nap while charging on the return trip. Only part of the lot that is lit at night is the Superchargers. Fortunately the roof is very well tinted.

Reactions: MarcoRP