Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still in the same state as of today... and this is the current parking rates according to PayByPhone App.
D627BC6F-F84B-46E4-805A-7D3F9A28F348.jpeg
C63BA058-1970-45D2-9BC7-DAEADD2D3E05.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0 and mociaf9
Looks like they're putting in parking gates. I haven't ever seen Supercharger in a paid-only parking area... think they will make exceptions for Tesla's? (Could also make the first hour free which would work). Seems strange to pay $6 on top of the normal Supercharging cost.

Looks like they're putting in parking gates. I haven't ever seen Supercharger in a paid-only parking area... think they will make exceptions for Tesla's? (Could also make the first hour free which would work). Seems strange to pay $6 on top of the normal Supercharging cost.
Isn't the SuperCharger in DT Seattle also in a paid lot? I've never been there but believe it is in 2 Union Square parking garage that is paid?

Reactions: Salvo
Yep, Downtown Seattle is in a paid garage, a fairly expensive one if I recall too. They used to have a grace period (20 minutes or 30 minutes or something) but changed it because Tesla owners were abusing it (charging for 10 minutes and leaving the garage and coming back again, etc). Now I think there isn't any grace period. It could be a fantastic destination charger if the garage was easier. It has a bunch of destination chargers that are free (but still in the garage) and located right in downtown, but the garage is unmanned/closed at like 10pm and you have to contact security to let you back into the building to get down to the garage. It works, but it's a pain. Otherwise I would always park here in the early afternoon, go have dinner downtown and a movie or play or something, and walk back at the end of the night to a fully charged car...

It is relatively common in very urban/downtown areas across the US. Though some garages do offer 1st-hour-free as you suggest.

• Informative
Reactions: im.thatoneguy
Stopped by Friday while taking a walk in downtown Bellevue (I raised a family in Bellevue and marvel in the transition going on from being a large mall parking lot to something nearly urban with interesting buildings) and checked out the site. No progress from earlier pictures but I did ask the security guard when they might open and all he would say is “soon”, he didn’t know of any specific issue holding it up. I also asked if there was a grace period for free parking and he alluded to maybe 15 minutes would get you in and out with out having to pay but I will believe that when I try it.

Attachments

• 210BAE6F-5885-4B8E-BD1D-87AB8C6A3E16.jpeg
    210BAE6F-5885-4B8E-BD1D-87AB8C6A3E16.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 87
  • D3265CE7-1FC6-42DA-9BBB-B19AC2C59A4B.jpeg
    D3265CE7-1FC6-42DA-9BBB-B19AC2C59A4B.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 90