Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I walked through the old Whole Foods 365 parking garage yesterday (presumably where this will be going) and saw no signs of construction. I also walked the bottom and upper floors of the larger garage just to the West and couldn't find any signs of construction either. So either I'm looking in the wrong place, or this site still has a ways to go before construction begins.

Reactions: marksvend
Where in Sammamish? I read a location in issaquah but that turned out to be the Post Office parking lot.
Just to clarify, there isn't one in Sammamish or Issaquah at this time. There's a separate thread discussing potential locations for Issaquah. Haven't seen the post office mentioned previously though, that would be interesting.

There are currently no good locations in Sammamish to put any chargers (unless they're just going to do 1-2). The shopping centers have mostly full parking lots. There's new construction going on near the town center, not sure if they're building another parking garage though.

Sammamish is also not ideal for chargers because they wouldn't be very close to the highway.

I spoke to the employees at the Bellevue Square Tesla store and asked them if they knew anything about a new supercharger going in the parking structure. They claimed to not know anything about any superchargers planned for the mall, and in fact mentioned that Tesla only installs superchargers along highways every 75-125 miles. (So not terribly in-the-know on Tesla's general plan for increasing urban supercharging stations.)

But they did say that the new Target being built across 405 (across from the Trader Joe's) will have Tesla destination chargers when completed.

• Informative
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I spoke to the employees at the Bellevue Square Tesla store and asked them if they knew anything about a new supercharger going in the parking structure. They claimed to not know anything about any superchargers planned for the mall, and in fact mentioned that Tesla only installs superchargers along highways every 75-125 miles. (So not terribly in-the-know on Tesla's general plan for increasing urban supercharging stations.)

But they did say that the new Target being built across 405 (across from the Trader Joe's) will have Tesla destination chargers when completed.
Showroom and service center employees have been generally clueless about superchargers in my experience. It's to the point where I don't even ask them any more.

upload_2018-7-31_21-36-41.png

Status was initially "INCOMPLETE", then "PENDING" ever since. Finally, some sign of hope today... first update since 6/25.

Thanks for the post! Does the "approved" status indicate that the permit is now approved and Tesla can begin construction?

Sorry for the confusion. The upper part of the page still shows:

upload_2018-8-1_7-16-58.png

I think it just means the City of Bellevue is getting ready to get ready for the application for the approval of the application of the plan to plan for a supercharger.

I think it just means the City of Bellevue is getting ready to get ready for the application for the approval of the application of the plan to plan for a supercharger.

Don’t ever say America doesn’t get things done! As soon as we approve the plan for an application, we’ll have the pre-meeting review, environmental review, potential lawsuit review, site study, site study amendment (A, B, and C), re-review the plan, schedule plan approval for the monthly meeting, AND THEN we’ll let the vendor know. At which time they’ll have moved onto another project they started 2 years ago that just got approved!

“You’re everything we expect from years of government training” has never been more applicable.

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian
Don’t ever say America doesn’t get things done! As soon as we approve the plan for an application, we’ll have the pre-meeting review, environmental review, potential lawsuit review, site study, site study amendment (A, B, and C), re-review the plan, schedule plan approval for the monthly meeting, AND THEN we’ll let the vendor know. At which time they’ll have moved onto another project they started 2 years ago that just got approved!

“You’re everything we expect from years of government training” has never been more applicable.
I hope you're exaggerating. I needed this done by last February

The exact address of this permit is for a parking lot that sits at the NW corner of 4th and Bellevue Way. This lot WILL get demo'd in the next few years for a couple of new towers for the Bellevue Square expansion project. I dont have a link handy to the project at the moment, but will dig it up and provide it here as soon as possible.

I dont know what kind of research Tesla does when looking at new locations, but I really hope Tesla has done their homework on this lot. It would be a shame to build the superchargers here just to have to tear them down in a few years.

The exact address of this permit is for a parking lot that sits at the NW corner of 4th and Bellevue Way. This lot WILL get demo'd in the next few years for a couple of new towers for the Bellevue Square expansion project. I dont have a link handy to the project at the moment, but will dig it up and provide it here as soon as possible.

I dont know what kind of research Tesla does when looking at new locations, but I really hope Tesla has done their homework on this lot. It would be a shame to build the superchargers here just to have to tear them down in a few years.
See posts #49 & #60

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0