Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Belt Parkway, Brooklyn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not an exact location. The best way to find the exact location is to search for construction permits. Construction permits rarely say "Tesla" (but sometimes do) so also look for words like "charging," "supercharger," etc. Are there any obvious locations along the Belt Parkway where they might go, like a service station?

I remember when I first saw Tesla's marker for that location (~2019) and went digging I found that there was a new Target that was going to be built on the Parkway at Caesar's Bay. Then I read that it was long delayed. Given Tesla's past and ongoing partnership with Target for hosting superchargers and the fact that the supercharger date kept getting pushed back, I assumed that would be the location. But I now checked and see that the Target opened in March 2021 and the supercharger is still not getting an exact opening date. So maybe that's not the location anymore or never was.

• Informative
Reactions: qman66 and Big Earl
I remember when I first saw Tesla's marker for that location (~2019) and went digging I found that there was a new Target that was going to be built on the Parkway at Caesar's Bay. Then I read that it was long delayed. Given Tesla's past and ongoing partnership with Target for hosting superchargers and the fact that the supercharger date kept getting pushed back, I assumed that would be the location. But I now checked and see that the Target opened in March 2021 and the supercharger is still not getting an exact opening date. So maybe that's not the location anymore or never was.
That location would be ideal as it is a huge parking lot with easy on and off for the Belt Parkway (except entering the Belt going west bound, where you have to go around the block). There really aren't a lot of other options for placement near there. Cropsey Ave is the next exit East and there is a small Stop and Shop and Home Depot, but really don't look like they have potential.

Reactions: qman66
That location would be ideal as it is a huge parking lot with easy on and off for the Belt Parkway (except entering the Belt going west bound, where you have to go around the block). There really aren't a lot of other options for placement near there. Cropsey Ave is the next exit East and there is a small Stop and Shop and Home Depot, but really don't look like they have potential.
Last year there was an 811 ticket on behalf of Tesla to survey the parking lot across the street from that Home Depot where the Starbucks is but I guess Tesla didn’t like that location. I agree though that the parking lot @ that Target would be perfect. Tesla could easily install a 12+ stall location without impacting parking for everyone else.

Knowing and working in NYC construction, I would not be surprised if ground is not broken for another year. The amount of zoning hearings, environment, historical, utility and buildings department variance/approvals required is a long laundry list.

Hopefully they will put plans for a large install and not have to go back after a few years for expansion like the JFK charger.

Reactions: MarcoRP and qman66
Knowing and working in NYC construction, I would not be surprised if ground is not broken for another year. The amount of zoning hearings, environment, historical, utility and buildings department variance/approvals required is a long laundry list.

Hopefully they will put plans for a large install and not have to go back after a few years for expansion like the JFK charger.
I know. JFK has 12 now but it's still not enough. There was already a wait one night when I went there. Hopefully this is at least 16 stalls maybe v4 by the time this is built.