Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bend, OR - SW. Industrial Way (LIVE Jun 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry. I don’t know About the Service center area. We live near the Old Mill area where this is located.
well, if you ever happen to venture 4 miles north, an update would be appreciated.
1679719255203.png

Reactions: Big Earl
Here are two photos from the service center (I plugged in but got no charge):
View attachment 923955View attachment 923956

...and one from the Industrial Way Supercharger (still fenced off).
View attachment 923957
Any chance you checked the meter at the service center to see if it was active (I can see it lurking in one of the pictures)? Doubtful since you plugged in and nothing happened but it cold just be that the power is al ready to go and Tesla hasn't provisioned yet. Interesting that they brought that power in for only 2 stalls.

A much better location would have been to put this station on the north side, such as Target. Even at the Service Center would have been better. Ideal for load balancing travelers, convenient for accessing, lots of open spaces, etc.
Initially I agreed with you — but then, Bend is a tourist town. Every day, summer & winter, tons of visitors here for 3-4 days are heading up Cascades Lakes Hwy and returning to their hotels. Given that, it's not an illogical location at all.

No transformer because there is a national backlog of 2-3 months. If a transformer is installed right after the stalls are completed it means the order was placed far in advance of construction, or the local utility has some sitting around (which is rare).