Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bend, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The supercharger team has a Portland-based guy-- he used to be a DS. Talk to your DS-- they'll know him. His job is scouting new supercharger locations.

Of course, it might not help-- there may be good reasons why they decided not to put a supercharger in Bend, but at least it's a direct link to the team.

The supercharger team has a Portland-based guy-- he used to be a DS. Talk to your DS-- they'll know him. His job is scouting new supercharger locations.

Of course, it might not help-- there may be good reasons why they decided not to put a supercharger in Bend, but at least it's a direct link to the team.

When we took delivery of our Model X on Monday the DS said that Bend should be happening once things are finally done being snowy/nasty over there. He gave me no specifics as to location but Bend has not dropped off the list and we should see something this spring/summer.

Had some time this afternoon, so based on your suggestion I snooped around a bit and found a permit issued on 11/15/15 (expiring on 5/15/16). The permit is issued to a company out of Gladstone, McKenzie Electric for

Description:
JACK PINE RV PARK
UPGRADE (1) ELECTRICAL SERVICE AND (6) FEEDERS @ JACK PINE RV PARK

No additional activity. Seems like an odd location but maybe......

Had some time this afternoon, so based on your suggestion I snooped around a bit and found a permit issued on 11/15/15 (expiring on 5/15/16). The permit is issued to a company out of Gladstone, McKenzie Electric for

Description:
JACK PINE RV PARK
UPGRADE (1) ELECTRICAL SERVICE AND (6) FEEDERS @ JACK PINE RV PARK

No additional activity. Seems like an odd location but maybe......

That description doesn't really seem likely but I did figure out at one point that La Pine actually makes sense if one is looking at electrifying hwy 97. You'd need one or two more going South to be able to get into the Superchargers in California.

There are two Jackpine locations. One in Gilchrist and one in Lapine. The permit is pulled for the Lapine location. A Supercharger in Lapine would easily connect Bend/Redmond/Sisters with I5 and the California Superchargers. Time will tell.

Just clicked on 2016 on supercharger map tonight and no more Bend :-(. It was there a few days ago. This would be very useful to me and I was looking forward to it.
I still see a Bend supercharger on the 2016 map.

upload_2016-4-23_12-56-28.png

They still really need one East of Bend somewhere eventually. I tried Bend to Boise a couple of days ago, and it was awful. My plan was to hit the CHAdeMO in Redmond and then go through John Day to Baker City. Turns out the CHAdeMO in Redmond was not working, even though I had called Aerovironment ahead of time to have them check, and they reported it was working fine. I had to backtrack to Sisters to charge all the way up. Then, I preheated the car while on shore power, and unhooked. I had range mode on, NO heat, and cruise control between 46-48 mph the whole way for several hours and made it to Baker City.

Getting to/around Crater Lake and back is easy - no need to stop at the winery, although iirc a $5 tasting gets you access to the HPWC. From memory I think I used 45% going and 14% coming back. Something like that. Here's how: There's a Chademo about 30 miles south of the Eugene SC at a Chevron gas station. Top off there and the trip to and around Crater Lake is easy - also, there's an SC at Dancing Rivers or whatever it's called that makes coming back easy as well.

As for Bend, I don't recall there being any problem going to and from. I had no idea that there was a 5200' plateau in between the 5 and Bend - that was eerie as hell in the rain and mists - loved it.

I don't *think* I've got the above backwards - it's possible the Dancing Rivers SC was how I got home from Bend - in any case, my takeaway from traipsing up and down the Oregon Coast along with two side trips to Bend and Crater Lake was that it was all easy peasy *with a ChaDeMo adapter and a $19.95 30-day unlimited use subscription from AeroVironment*. Saved having to schlep back and forth to the SCs along the 5, and did help with getting to/from Bend and Crater Lake as well as I recall.

Getting to/around Crater Lake and back is easy - no need to stop at the winery, although iirc a $5 tasting gets you access to the HPWC. From memory I think I used 45% going and 14% coming back. Something like that. Here's how: There's a Chademo about 30 miles south of the Eugene SC at a Chevron gas station. Top off there and the trip to and around Crater Lake is easy - also, there's an SC at Dancing Rivers or whatever it's called that makes coming back easy as well.

As for Bend, I don't recall there being any problem going to and from. I had no idea that there was a 5200' plateau in between the 5 and Bend - that was eerie as hell in the rain and mists - loved it.

I don't *think* I've got the above backwards - it's possible the Dancing Rivers SC was how I got home from Bend - in any case, my takeaway from traipsing up and down the Oregon Coast along with two side trips to Bend and Crater Lake was that it was all easy peasy *with a ChaDeMo adapter and a $19.95 30-day unlimited use subscription from AeroVironment*. Saved having to schlep back and forth to the SCs along the 5, and did help with getting to/from Bend and Crater Lake as well as I recall.
I don't follow a couple of these. What Supercharger are you referring to as "Dancing Rivers"?

Also, with respect to Bend, you said "going to and from". To and from where?

I don't follow a couple of these. What Supercharger are you referring to as "Dancing Rivers"?

Also, with respect to Bend, you said "going to and from". To and from where?

In hindsight, that may have been a ChaDeMo at Sisters on the way back from Bend.

Bend was from/to Eugene. I took a screenshot from Plugshare just now that shows the ChaDeMos from Eugene to Bend, but imgur is being difficult. If there's a way to insert images into a post now as easily as we could before with vBulletin, I haven't figured it out yet.

Crater Lake was a straight shot there and back and a really nice drive, as an aside. Fairgrounds Chevron it was that had the ChaDeMo at the junction off the 5 (at/near Ashland) to get there.

More coffee, clearly, is necessary. Will upload the image which more clearly illustrates what I'm trying to convey, presuming I can figure out what's up with that process.

There are several ChadeMo stations along hwy 126. Perhaps you're referring to Blue River, OR (It's at the Blue Sky Market)? There's also one in Sisters. The SC on the way from the Bend area to Portland is Detroit Lake.