Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bend, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news! Thanks for your post. I'm going to using that SC at some point in the future.

Just checked evtripplanner.com and from Mt Shasta to Bend it shows 230 miles and an S85 will use about 55kWh and only 238Wh/mile because you will lose over 4,000 ft of elevation. Of course that assumes mild weather and no rain or significant headwinds.

Last edited:
Great news! Thanks for your post. I'm going to using that SC at some point in the future.

Just checked evtripplanner.com and from Mt Shasta to Bend it shows 230 miles and an S85 will use about 55kWh and only 238Wh/mile because you will lose over 4,000 ft of elevation. Of course that assumes mild weather and no rain or significant headwinds.
I agree that it does seem like there should be another one placed between Shasta and Bend. I have no information about any plans for doing that.

I guess supercharge.info is not the most reliable source... they don't even show it in the permit stage, let alone construction! As I often travel to Bend, I'm very happy to see this going in. I agree with other that it would be nice to see more connections to the South and East, although I don't personally travel that way.

UPDATE: No disrespect to supercharge.info, turns out they are just crowd sourced, so I will pass this thread on to them so they can hopefully add it to their maps.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tree95
I guess supercharge.info is not the most reliable source... they don't even show it in the permit stage, let alone construction! As I often travel to Bend, I'm very happy to see this going in. I agree with other that it would be nice to see more connections to the South and East, although I don't personally travel that way.

UPDATE: No disrespect to supercharge.info, turns out they are just crowd sourced, so I will pass this thread on to them so they can hopefully add it to their maps.

BlueShift who runs it usually updates within 24 hours of receiving information.

As for the site:
Interstates: None
US Numbered Highways: US-97, US-20
It's the 2nd Supercharger site on US-97.

Update. I went to see the construction today and took some new pictures.

There are 8 chargers total and they are located on the right-side of Fred Meyers.

20160520_140539.jpg
20160520_140550.jpg
20160520_140558.jpg

One is needed at Chemult and K Falls
This area is pretty remote with little in the way of services. Klamath Falls is pretty close to the Shasta SC, so it might be better to be a bit north. Ideally, near highway intersections like 58 or 138 (but nothing at these intersections). I vote for something near an entrance to Crater Lake at highways 62 & 422: 501 Chiloquin Blvd, Chiloquin, OR 97624, klamathtribes.org (541) 783-2218
Google Maps

This area is pretty remote with little in the way of services. Klamath Falls is pretty close to the Shasta SC, so it might be better to be a bit north. Ideally, near highway intersections like 58 or 138 (but nothing at these intersections). I vote for something near an entrance to Crater Lake at highways 62 & 422: 501 Chiloquin Blvd, Chiloquin, OR 97624, klamathtribes.org (541) 783-2218
Google Maps

Chemult is at one end of a lengthy cross- Cascades route like Bend/Sisters are. Chemult has a couple of restaurants and gas stations. I like that little place and once spent a few days there.

Some distances

US-20:
To: Boise, ID - 313 miles
To: Winnemucca, NV - 349 miles (US-20, OR-78, US-95*)

US-97
To: The Dalles, OR - 134 miles (US-97, US-197)
To: Ellensburg, WA - 254 miles

* This could be connected by 2 Superchargers - 1 in Burns, OR, and the other in the unincorporated community of Burns Junction, OR. (+131 miles, +91.3 miles). Burns Junction would also connect Winnemucca, NV to Boise, ID along US-95** and ID-55.
** US-95 is one of the best covered US Numbered Highways, with the known location in Tonopah, NV, there only remains a 612 mile gap from Winnemucca to Couer d'Alene. Despite being 1,574 miles long, once Tonopah is in place the next longest spacing between Superchargers on US-95 will be only 127 miles.

Last edited:
This is an almost perfect location for my ski trips. With the P90D I'll have the range to get back down the mountain to here after driving over from Eugene! 20 minutes later and I'll have enough range to get back home again! The only thing better would be destination charging at the mountain!

Bend has added charging in a mind boggling way. In January 2014 my dad and I both drove over and the guy who runs the physical side of The Riverhouse was kind enough to run some 110 extension cords for us to plug in. Not much later he managed to wrangle 4 HPWC from Tesla. Now there's destination charging there, The Oxford, Tetherow, Sunriver and in Sisters. Add the 8 stall Supercharger and the immediate area's saturated. I agree that Eastern Oregon needs more stations up and down 97.

Reactions: newtman