Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bend, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My daughter who lives in Bend sent me a picture of several Tesla Supercharging stations still cover in clear plastic bags in the Fred Myers parking lot located off of Third street. I called Tesla to find out when they will be available and they said that they were not aware of them.

I emailed the Supercharger team. The Bend station is projected to open next week or the following week. They added that this was not guaranteed and that a number of things could delay opening. Given the progress shown in the photos that seems like a reasonable estimate.

I hope they have some kind of opening ceremony. I'd like to go.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Here are some updated photos.

20160527_135113.jpg

20160527_135002.jpg

20160527_135016.jpg

Thanks for all the photos, folks! It appears to me that the electric utility company (Pacific Power? Central Electric?) has not installed the transformer yet, though. I have not been able to spot it in any of the photos posted so far, anyway. I suspect it will go on that concrete pad just behind the equipment enclosure. Among the "number of things" that can delay opening, this seems to be an important one. The utility company doesn't always have an appropriate transformer already sitting in their supply yard, and ordering one can take a while. I've learned not to anticipate opening until the transformer shows up in the photos. That said, I'm really excited about this one!

What do you locals think -- can I make it from the Baker City supercharger to this new one? Planning a trip to Bend in late summer and that would rock my world. I've got a P85D and am comfortable driving pretty slow if needed.
It can be done but it's near the limit. I am planning on going from Redmond (about 17 mile north of Bend, charging at the Aerovironment CHAdeMO) to Baker City later this summer. Rocky_H went from Sisters (22 miles NW of Bend) to Baker City about a month ago at night and colder temps with TACC set at 48mph.

It can be done but it's near the limit. I am planning on going from Redmond (about 17 mile north of Bend, charging at the Aerovironment CHAdeMO) to Baker City later this summer. Rocky_H went from Sisters (22 miles NW of Bend) to Baker City about a month ago at night and colder temps with TACC set at 48mph.

Thanks! Those trips seem pretty comparable to a run from Bend. How much remaining-charge are you anticipating when you get to Baker City?