TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Bendigo, Vic

Discussion in 'Australia' started by MrAustraliaTax, Jun 7, 2019.

1. MrAustraliaTax

I go through Bendigo reasonably frequently (thank you Kennington Village) and decided to check the Tesla Supercharger map....

Lo and behold I see:
    Bendigo | Tesla Australia
    "Target Opening in 2019".

The pin seems to be generically in the centre of town. Haven't seen this on the map before - not that I check the map often - does anyone have any concrete information on this?

• Like x 1
  2. bradjc

bradjc Member

Unfortunately no further info available that I’ve seen at this stage. I’ve been keeping a close eye on it as will be handy for me when available too, it’s been on the Tesla map since last year. I would say there are some others that have been scheduled longer in Vic that might be done first, but anything could happen. I expect they’ll push this one out to 2020 at the end of they year, unless the few thousand model 3 deliveries put a rocket under them. Fingers crossed.

3. bbqluke

bbqluke Member

Wife just sent me this photo at Kennington.

IMG_0179.JPG

• Like x 4
    • Love x 3
  4. bradjc

bradjc Member

5. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Mr. PlugShare

Info has been known for a while, but no posts about it. 08AA0C0E-1EED-4D0D-91B2-E5F124053D91.jpeg

6. bradjc

bradjc Member

8AA53977-23C6-409B-9633-794D4FFC61CB.jpeg Visited today, car park was packed on a public holiday. 2 destination charger parks were iced so missed out on a charge but took a quick pic of the supercharger build. I think this spot is be taking up some premium car parks for locals so imagine would be iced by narky locals when busy on days like today.

• Informative x 2
  7. Nickdp

Nickdp Member

as a counter measure against destination chargers being ICEd I carry a Type2 extension cable... park in front of their car at 90° and leave a note for them to call my mobile when they want to leave, then the 'education process' begins with "how would you feel if I left my vehicle parked in front of a petrol bowser and you arrived on an empty tank...."

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  8. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

This one is open according to FB!

upload_2019-10-1_7-54-18.png

• Like x 7
    • Love x 1
  9. bradjc

bradjc Member

I can confirm!
    F44B743B-307A-494F-9127-EC73B301A2A5.jpeg

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  10. MrAustraliaTax

Woohoo! This is a gamechanger for that region. Interesting that they are marked "Tesla Vehicles Only" as ICEing was a significant problem before with the destination chargers at Kennington Village.

• Like x 2
  11. Ozsnowman

Ozsnowman New Member

Great to see Bendigo catching up! (I speak as a former resident)

• Like x 2
  12. Grenadine

Grenadine Member

Really nice and convenient location with Woolworths and several fast food places nearby, Got a good charge yesterday but had to navigate myself as it is not updated in the on board Tesla map yet. Just google "Kennington woolworths" and you will get the location if you are not familiar with the area (like us).

• Like x 1
  13. bbqluke

bbqluke Member

Can recommend Edwards for food and coffee.

• Informative x 1