Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bensalem, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe it was a reply to me. Sorry for derailing the thread.
No problem! I'm just watching Bensalem like a hawk :)

Also - love your location as "near Philly." It's both accurate and easy to say. My younger self used to jump down the throats of anyone who dared say they were from Philly then answered some suburb when I asked where. (My younger self was a bit of an a-hole, as most of us from North Philly were...)

• Funny
Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
No problem! I'm just watching Bensalem like a hawk :)

Also - love your location as "near Philly." It's both accurate and easy to say. My younger self used to jump down the throats of anyone who dared say they were from Philly then answered some suburb when I asked where. (My younger self was a bit of an a-hole, as most of us from North Philly were...)
Being able to get to the airport in 15 minutes without traffic does, I guess, allow me to state near Philly.

Now, we really need an SC somewhere near here. None in Montgomery Delaware or Chester counties. They’ve been saying Springfield since the 1800’s.

Reactions: vdiv
@yerEVan Yeah we really do need a SC, and not an urban one, somewhere easily accessible. Down by the piers/retailers off Columbus Blvd or the retail off 95 at Aramingo. Something easy to access off the main highways. Some time ago I swear there was a "Bridesburg, PA" listed as coming soon.

I commute from Philly to Philly for work and my morning commutes can take 50 minutes ;)

• Funny
@yerEVan Yeah we really do need a SC, and not an urban one, somewhere easily accessible. Down by the piers/retailers off Columbus Blvd or the retail off 95 at Aramingo. Something easy to access off the main highways. Some time ago I swear there was a "Bridesburg, PA" listed as coming soon.

I commute from Philly to Philly for work and my morning commutes can take 50 minutes ;)
I'm still putting my money on the new Wawa at Penrose and 26th st. right off 76 and 95, five minutes from the airport. Seems like a natural choice, considering how many SCs are going in at Wawas.

I had to level 2 charge there for a few hours once out of desperation when I accidentally fried our NEMA 14-50 by trying to turn it rightside-up myself by forcing the wires. It had been installed upside-down originally. Gosh that was like 2015. I'm getting old!
It was nice when the Penn State net-zero energy research house had a Chademo charger installed. It was a slow Chademo (~25kW) but it was almost always available. But then the program lost its funding (or perhaps just ended). They tore down the house and the charger with it.

It was nice when the Penn State net-zero energy research house had a Chademo charger installed. It was a slow Chademo (~25kW) but it was almost always available. But then the program lost its funding (or perhaps just ended). They tore down the house and the charger with it.
'

Yeah, I went to an EV event or two at that building. Didn't know it had been torn down. My fried 14-50 incident, I actually charged at the hotel.

Ok...a little progress to report...I stopped by at lunch today, and it looked like our installer friends from NY were back at it.

They were working inside the transformer and appeared to be working in the meter housing, as well.

Nothing definitive, but more than I expected.

Meter installed, but not powered up...

8F455872-32B6-40BA-B504-D30545245586.jpeg