Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond, CA - Pierce Street (LIVE May 30 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest updates with the constructions:
  • 12 Bases have been installed on the edge of the parking
  • 4 Bases are put aside. Not clear if they are supposed to be installed in the location where they are placed, or, these are extras.
IMG_0832.jpeg IMG_0833.jpeg IMG_0834.jpeg IMG_0835.jpeg

Update with Berkeley Location:

The other bases which were put aside are now installed in the second fenced location. It is a really interesting topic! Do we have Super chargers that stations are spread over two separate locations close to each other?? I am wondering if they are all going to be V3 or a mix of V2 and V3?!

IMG_0857.jpeg IMG_0859.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Update with Berkeley Location:

The other bases which were put aside are now installed in the second fenced location. It is a really interesting topic! Do we have Super chargers that stations are spread over two separate locations close to each other?? I am wondering if they are all going to be V3 or a mix of V2 and V3?!

IIRC, Milpitas (Great Mall) has two groups of Supercharger pedestals separated by a parking lot road. There might be some other sites that were expanded that have charging spaces in multiple groups, but I can't think of any others off-hand.

So far Tesla has never mixed types of chargers/stalls in new construction. The only places with a mixture of types have been expansions or retrofits (Kettleman City or Hawthorne Rocket Rd.)

I used to go to the Pacific East Mall quite a lot...it was pretty packed on weekends (i.e. finding parking was hard). Can't see that getting better with the Supercharger...this one ought to be...interesting. On the up-side, there'll be a lot of food options.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: PedramGh
Moderator note: This post, plus a handful or so following posts, were merged from another thread.

10 to 12 Tesla charger stations under construction at pacific mall near Ranch 99 in Richmond, of 80

Last edited by a moderator:
10 to 12 Tesla charger stations under construction at pacific mall near Ranch 99 in Richmond, of 80

Welcome to the forum. There is a special section for Supercharging here in the U.S. and California has it’s own dedicated section.

California Supercharger locations

I check in periodically to see what’s new in my area or places we traveled thru and to. Very helpful, with permitting info and progress photos as it’s built out. Also used for additions to the stalls or updating to v3 charging.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq
Gonna say this now: that is a hotspot for car break ins. Do. Not. Leave. Anything. In. Your. Car.

also fold the seats down for good measure.

To be fair, when I have been there last couple of weeks, I have always seen golf cart security. However, the whole Bay area has a bad reputation for car break-ins. SF, Emeryville and Oakland are probably the worst. Precaution is always recommended.

To be fair, when I have been there last couple of weeks, I have always seen golf cart security. However, the whole Bay area has a bad reputation for car break-ins. SF, Emeryville and Oakland are probably the worst. Precaution is always recommended.

yeah I mean, I won’t leave things in my car ANYWHERE but the problems around here make me want to go Frank Castle.

Reactions: Pluto
Went by today to check it out while my phone got a new screen put on it in Berkeley. No issues with my car being broken into. Busy busy busy. Very exciting. Soon they will be caught up with Emeryville. El Cerrito also has a lot of activity. Had the steam roller out (well, diesel roller?). There was even construction going on at Emeryville, but perhaps not related to the Supercharger.

Hi Folks!

So when I opened the thread for El Cerrito location, I challenged myself to discover the Berkeley location too. When I was commenting on the thread, I suggested that 99 Ranch Market Parking can be a good potential location for Berkeley Supercharger!!

The reason was the the strategic location, relatively quiet parking area, access to highway, and, the fact that while I was deliberately visiting that area to see if any construction is in progress, I noticed that an area upon entry of the parking lot has been fenced.

A week ago no activities had been started but the setup was the familiar setup.

I could wait!! But now for me, the wait is over as I can see that Supercharger bases have been delivered and PVC Pipes are in location to start the process of cutting and cabling. Two zones have been covered which I believe one is for equipment and the transformers and the other one is the location for actual chargers on border of parking lot. If you look at the concrete bases, you can see the familiar Tesla barcode attached to one of the bases which is completely familiar with similar bases on similar posts.

I can see 16 bases. So I believe there will be 16 stalls for either V2 or more likely V3 Superchargers. The location itself is on border of Richmond Annex and more inside Albany than Berkeley itself. Accessible to Highway 80 Service Road. In the neighborhood, there is a shopping mall called Pacific East Mall, 99 Ranch Market, and Costco is pretty close but not in walking distance.

View attachment 506860 View attachment 506858 View attachment 506867 View attachment 506859 View attachment 506868 View attachment 506871 View attachment 506874

That because when you put a pin in a map if you just specify the city the map software seeks out City Hall as the center of that city. This charger is in Berkeley, though the pin is way across Berkeley from here. The real El Cerrito Supercharger uses the slower Urban chargers and is further away from the highway, but actually very close to this one.

In my list of almost open Superchargers above, I forgot to mention Oakland, or I didn't know how far along they are. The Hegenberger Supercharger appears to be as far along as these two and the Emeryville one. I bet they all open the same day, thanks PG&E...

In my list of almost open Superchargers above, I forgot to mention Oakland, or I didn't know how far along they are. The Hegenberger Supercharger appears to be as far along as these two and the Emeryville one. I bet they all open the same day, thanks PG&E...

I actually would thank PG&E for that. Wouldn't that be cool, to get four "firsts" in one day! On your mark, get set... :D

Bruce.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9