Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Berlin, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Opening a new thread for this:

Google Maps

Public-private partnership set to open : Times Argus Online

http://www.berlinvt.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Jun-21-2016drbm.pdf

New New England Supercharger Locations

"Jessie Karp with Tesla Motors, Inc. advised there would be eight (8) Tesla illuminated charging stations on concrete pads. He estimated around ten vehicles per day to begin with which would increase over time. The word “Tesla” is on the top of the charging station and there would be directional signs with the Tesla logo (T). He advised that quick charge times are around 45 minutes to an hour while full charges take several hours. People would be able to utilize the amenities (convenience store, restaurant, hotel) in the area while charging occurs. He described the cabinets and referred to the plans for further details. Mr. Karp mentioned other Tesla locations in Vermont."

Great location for skiers from the south at Stowe/Sugarbush area resorts. No need to backtrack an hour out of your way to go to Burlington if you don't feel you can make it all the way to West Lebanon.

• Love
Reactions: SureValla
Probably going to be a long time before we see one in St. J now that this one is so close. I would Expect one around Newport first.
Supercharger in Newport would be great! (Not that I'd use it.) I saw 4 out of state Teslas here last weekend. I've seen one most weekends this summer. Though, East Greenwich isn't that far and is in a pretty good location coming in from most places. What we really need is destination chargers - I don't think any hotels here have gotten on board with that yet.

As a non-local, I went to find this location on a map. I thought it was a weird location at first.. then I worked it out.

VgwL8kM.png

It's a shame that so many articles are factually incorrect. No SC on earth will take "several hours" to charge a Tesla unless that pedestal is broken.

Great news that Vermont gets some continued SC love. Unlike, say, Southern Arizona and points east therefrom *polite cough*.

Berlin's a great location. Kudos to whoever manages the Northeast Region within the SC team.

Reactions: CSFTN
Supercharger in Newport would be great! (Not that I'd use it.) I saw 4 out of state Teslas here last weekend. I've seen one most weekends this summer. Though, East Greenwich isn't that far and is in a pretty good location coming in from most places. What we really need is destination chargers - I don't think any hotels here have gotten on board with that yet.
I assumed he meant Newport, Vermont. Both Newports would be good choices.

Maybe not - compare Idaho Falls / Pocatello, only 50 miles apart. It just depends how the surrounding locations/highways line up.

Exactly. Besides which, in cold, snowy, hilly environs, an 85 can be lucky to get 180 actual miles out of a 100% charge. Adjusting for the lowest common denominator (a 60 without LRR tires and with an inexperienced driver), the closer the better is a nice rule of thumb for New England SCs.

Great location for me. Visit Waitsfield and Montpelier a couple of times a year - maybe more often now! Round-trip from West Lebanon is doable, but requires long charging time there and usually some additional miles from a J1772 or other source in cooler weather.

This is wonderful, and surprising! Boy, what a difference a year makes. At first, trips from Boston to/from Montreal were really tough, and required a CHAdeMO stop. With this, there are going to be so many options, particularly great in the winter.

Feeling spoiled :)

Berlin, VT

Interstates: I-89
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi): US-2, US-302

I-89:
To: South Burlington, VT - 39.4 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
From: Queensbury, NY (NY-66, NY-149, US-4, VT-100, VT-107, I-89) 113 miles
To: St Laurent, QC (I-89, QC-133, QC-A35, QC-A10, QC-A15, TCH) 140 miles

US-2/US-302
To: Augusta, ME (US-2, I-91, I-93, US-302, NH-115, US-2, ME-26, ME-219, US-202, I-95) 184 miles.
To: Magog, QC (US-2, VT-14, VT-15, VT-16, I-91, QC-A55, QC-A10) - 96.2 miles

Last edited:
The photo shows an unusual gas station style pull through configuration on gravel. The Development Review Board minutes indicates that the charging station would utilize a pre-existing gravel partking lot without adding new impervious (paved) area. Having superchargers on a gravel lot is perhaps unique, so I think the photo is legitimate. The pedestals are lit, implying they are operational.