Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Berry, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know they're a premium business when their "getting there" page includes a helicopter section.

I like that their page asks people to call to book a charger slot. Some people get it.

There could be more to it than just Superchargers. Might be other chargers as well.

They posted a reply mentioning NSW Roads... possibly the government involvement is unrelated to the SC and in linked in some other way (perhaps improving the intersection between the highway and their access road, or something along those lines)

There are moves a foot to get an Elec Highway from Sydney to Melb via the Princes Hwy, the Eurobodalla Council
has contacted my local Council re possible locations etc.

Page 39 in the Feb minutes (link below) has a map of possible sites, well I think that's what the yellow stars are for.

Latrobe City Council - CM512 05 February 2018
That's quite a scoop. Every 100km spacing would be fantastic - lots of options to charge would be a nice add-on to the superchargers planned for Berry.

They posted a reply mentioning NSW Roads... possibly the government involvement is unrelated to the SC and in linked in some other way (perhaps improving the intersection between the highway and their access road, or something along those lines)
I certainly hope the government is not subsidising the superchargers.
Considering only one brand of electric car can use them it would be pretty inappropriate, and hardly part any “electric highway”.

Spoke with the owner of Silos today. Says new substation is just starting to go in now - will take about 3 months. Then superchargers should go in quickly after that. Will be located up near the cellar door rather than near the highway. Travelling south, there is no turning lane so have to be careful turning off the busy 80km/hr road. They have accommodation but probably not much in the way of after hours amenities. The restaurant is open lunch and dinner second half of the week. Currently have 2 destination chargers.

Attachments

• 20180303_142918.jpg
    20180303_142918.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 20180303_143420.jpg
    20180303_143420.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: ARMARM and mike_j
wow thanks team, this is awesome news for us residents of the southcoast!

i suspect they are aiming for something similar to the supercharger @port macquarie which is co located with the Cassegrain Winery. It's a great drawcard for the location and if you time your stop right it's rather nice to do a wine tasting session while your ride juices up, see attached photos from a recent trip up the NSW coast.

Attachments

• IMG_20171229_155004.jpg
    IMG_20171229_155004.jpg
    684.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20171229_153414.jpg
    IMG_20171229_153414.jpg
    766.8 KB · Views: 157