Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bethany, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have they started construction work on on Bethnay, MO Supercharger? Would love to see some pics.
Anyone-one has a better date than "End of 2018" on Tesla map? This would be very useful to me for our trip from Overland Park, KS to Verona, WI.

I went to Des Moines and back this week (not in our Tesla) and didn't see any signs of them starting construction anywhere. I make that trip about once a month for work and look for signs of construction every time.

In June 2017, I had tracked down an e-mail address for the Building Inspector in Bethany, MO. He's also the fire Chief and Code Enforcement Officer since it's a small city and had checked with the City Administrator on my initial request. At that time, he let me know that they had not been contacted by Tesla yet and that their building permits were not available on the Internet. I sent a followup e-mail in mid-November to ask if there was any change in the status, but didn't receive a response.

If there's any indication of progress other than the "coming soon" on Tesla's Find Us page that has been there for 8 months, I'll try getting an update. I definitely don't want to be a nuisance to some guy in a small town that happened to have Tesla flag on their map as Coming Soon/Whenever.

In June 2017, I had tracked down an e-mail address for the Building Inspector in Bethany, MO. He's also the fire Chief and Code Enforcement Officer since it's a small city and had checked with the City Administrator on my initial request. At that time, he let me know that they had not been contacted by Tesla yet and that their building permits were not available on the Internet. I sent a followup e-mail in mid-November to ask if there was any change in the status, but didn't receive a response.

If there's any indication of progress other than the "coming soon" on Tesla's Find Us page that has been there for 8 months, I'll try getting an update. I definitely don't want to be a nuisance to some guy in a small town that happened to have Tesla flag on their map as Coming Soon/Whenever.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Email received today:

Larry, the project isn’t just starting, it’s nearly finished. The City’s involvement just hasn’t been needed until now --- just fyi.

Best wishes,

Jonne Slemons, MPA

City Administrator

City of Bethany, Missouri

PO Box 344

206 N. 16th St.

Bethany, MO 64424

Office: 660-425-8673

Fax: 660-425-7889

Mobile: 660-425-1965
Thank you. This is helpful. Can someone post pictures, if possible?