Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bethel, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm driving through Bethel tomorrow, June 4. I'll scout the Irving for signs of construction. Also passing through Baileyville on the way to Fredericton, so I'll check that site too.
Given that like 5 other Irving locations in the region have superchargers currently under construction, I'd guess there's at least a decent chance that this one will, too. If not, then hopefully it'll start as soon as the crew from either Baileyville or Medway are finished.

If you are still in the area, I suggest a visit to the Little Red Hen Bakery & Ice Cream at 22 Parkway Rd. It's a long walk from the Irving, back on the other side of the river (close to the 2/26 intersection), but their homemade ice cream is great.

I drove around the Irving property, but unfortunately didn't see any signs of construction or Tesla equipment.

On the other hand, the Good Food store across the street did have excellent baked goods!

The Good Food store has really good food. Bethel is a fun town. I’m looking forward to this opening so I have an excuse to get back up there.

Last edited:
Given that like 5 other Irving locations in the region have superchargers currently under construction, I'd guess there's at least a decent chance that this one will, too. If not, then hopefully it'll start as soon as the crew from either Baileyville or Medway are finished.
Good news! @Mark sj posted the image below (originally from some sort of Irving publication?) in the St. John, NB supercharger thread. It clearly shows that the Bethel, ME supercharger is also supposed to be built this summer as I, and others, had hoped. Now I really expect work to start on it after the crew from Baileyville or Medway is done. Hopefully whichever crew is going to build it will move right over without a significant break in between the two projects, that way we won't have to anxiously wait to be sure that there aren't any hold ups and that it'll actually get done this year. I'm really impressed with Irving and Tesla's partnership/cooperation on this. IMO, there's a good chance that all the sites currently under construction become operational within the next 2 months, which would make 8 new superchargers operational in one year. 9 if Bethel also was done in time, but given that it hasn't started yet, I doubt it'll be open by August 9th (the anniversary of the opening of the first location, at Aulac).

img_20190613_0923593-jpg.418761

The Bar Harbor Hannaford parting lot is almost always full as is, so I can't imagine they'd be able to take spaces away for a SuC.

And the Tesla pin says Bar Harbor, so I can't image it being anyway far away from there (like in Ellsworth or near Southwest Harbor), so that means here:

If you want spots to be ICEd, Bar Harbor is a great place to put Superchargers. I doubt Tesla would pay private parking for dedicated spots for a bunch of urban Superchargers.

Brewer, ME to Hannaford in Ellsworth, ME is 25 miles.
Hannaford in Ellsworth, ME to Bar Harbor, ME is 19 miles.
The Acadia National Park loop is 27 miles of low speed driving.

For summer and fall day trippers, that should be fine, and having Brewer, ME relatively near could help take strain off Ellsworth, ME, since the US-1A route is the fastest route.

People staying longer on Mount Desert Island should be seeking destination charging anyway.

Reactions: doghousePVD
If you are still in the area, I suggest a visit to the Little Red Hen Bakery & Ice Cream at 22 Parkway Rd.

Unfortunately, it is apparently closed for good

Also, no sign of construction at Irving as of this afternoon. I'm a bit skeptical about them budgeting for additional new Maine Supercharger this year in addition to those already under construction.

As a side note, the Tesla navigation system seemed to recognize the seasonal Evans Notch Road (113) in the WMNF South from 2 to the overlook, then it thought I was off-road until leaving the forest.

IRT Bar Barbor, the word on the street is that they're going to be enforcing the time limits for public parking much more aggressively this summer. They are also installing parking meters for the first time. However, there are a number of good potential locations on MDI outside of Bar Barbor that are within a few minutes drive of downtown.

Reactions: jlv1